(NaturalNews) In the aftermath of the Fukushima nuclear power plant catastrophe, radiation levels are now rising in Tokyo's water supply, leading to near-panic among citizens there who have stripped the shelves bare of virtually all bottled water supplies. This was all set in motion by Tokyo officials finally admitting that radiation levels had risen in the water supply beyond the point of safe consumption by infants and toddlers (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/512fa9fe-5527-11e0-87fe-00144feab49a.html?f...
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said in a Financial Times story, "...unfortunately, there is no question that radioactive substances are leaking into the atmosphere from the Fukushima nuclear power plant. Since it rained, it is possible that there will be an impact in many areas." (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/512fa9fe-5527-11e0-87fe-00144feab49a.html?f...
This means for the citizens of Japan, this radiation nightmare is nowhere near over. And far too many of Japan's citizens seem to be just now thinking about where they're going to get safe drinking water. (The same non-preparedness mindset, by the way, is practiced by most Americans who live in large cities, too.)
Here's the latest on the Fukushima incident:
• Electricity has now been reconnected to all six reactors, but pumps are still not operational on Reactors No. 3 and 4. Japanese workers are using fire trucks to spray the spent fuel rods with water in order to prevent them from melting down (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB2000142405274870341060457621648109275...
• Levels of radioactivity in Tokyo's water supply
have reached such high levels that parents are now being warned not to allow their babies to drink it (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-japan-tokyo-water...
• Residents of Tokyo
wiped out all the water supplies on store shelves across the city, engaging in a massive and sudden run on bottled water (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=13199820
• The FDA has banned the importation of milk, fruit and vegetable products from four regions near the Fukushima power plant (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics/nation/us-bars-some...
). Of course, the FDA doesn't mind Americans eating food irradiated in America
, by the way.
• Japan is now facing the cold, hard truth that it did virtually nothing to prepare its citizens for a Fukushima-like catastrophe. While Japan is famous for drilling its citizens on earthquakes, its government never taught the citizens to prepare with extra food and water
(just like the U.S. government doesn't either). (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/asia-pacific/frustration-bo...
• It is now obvious that Japan willfully ignored the vulnerabilities of its Fukushima power plant, even as an earlier analysis revealed that the current catastrophe would have been the inevitable result of a tsunami scenario. The nuclear industry, you see, is much like the drug industry: Profits before safety. (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB2000142405274870341060457621648109275...
Watch for more updates here on NaturalNews.com, and subscribe to our free daily email newsletter to be sent breaking news: http://www.naturalnews.com/ReaderRegistration.html
About the author: Mike Adams is an award-winning journalist and holistic nutritionist with a strong interest in personal health, the environment and the power of nature to help us all heal He is a prolific writer and has published thousands of articles, interviews, reports and consumer guides, and he is well known as the creator of popular downloadable preparedness programs on financial collapse, emergency food storage, wilderness survival and home defense skills. Adams is an honest, independent journalist and accepts no money or commissions on the third-party products he writes about or the companies he promotes. In 2010, Adams created TV.NaturalNews.com, a natural living video sharing site featuring thousands of user videos on foods, fitness, green living and more. He's also the CEO of a highly successful email newsletter software company that develops software used to send permission email campaigns to subscribers. Adams is currently the executive director of the Consumer Wellness Center, a 501(c)3 non-profit, and practices nature photography, Capoeira, martial arts and organic gardening. He's also author of numerous health books published by Truth Publishing and is the creator of several consumer-oriented grassroots campaigns, including the Spam. Don't Buy It! campaign, and the free downloadable Honest Food Guide. He also created the free reference sites HerbReference.com and HealingFoodReference.com. Adams believes in free speech, free access to nutritional supplements and the ending of corporate control over medicines, genes and seeds. Known as the 'Health Ranger,' Adams' personal health statistics and mission statements are located at www.HealthRanger.org
Have comments on this article? Post them here:
people have commented on this article.