(NaturalNews) It is possible to treat boils at home with natural remedies and diligent effort.
But many people proceed directly to physicians for antibiotics. The natural treatment of boils requires time and patience, sometimes several weeks to complete healing. However, successful natural treatment of boils at home is preferred to treatment via antibiotics.Boils
(`furuncles`) are skin infections that provide mechanisms for toxin release. They present as round, red, pus-filled bumps. Furuncles are caused by Staphylococcus aureus
(staph infection, a common bacteria) and are extremely contagious
. The overuse of anti-bacterial soaps and antibiotics assisted in creating the superbug-bacteria methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus
. Below are tips for at-home boil treatment without the use of antibiotics.DO NOT poke or attempt to relieve pressure with a needle
. Lancing makes the infection worse and may cause it to spread to nearby areas, creating multiple boils (known as `carbuncles`). It is better to deal with painful discomfort than risk increased infection.
Suggestions for boil treatment:
- Wash hands thoroughly after touching or treating a boil.
- Keep the boil and surrounding areas clean by washing with warm water and fragrance-free soap.
- Apply a warm compress with Epsom salt for thirty minutes three times per day or as needed; this provides welcomed relief from itching and pain and helps bring the boil to a head.
- Use fresh cloths and towels for each cleaning, do not share these towels, and wash them immediately.
- Apply tea tree oil
(natural antiseptic) and colloidal silver cream (natural disinfectant) externally.
- If the boil is not open, leave it uncovered, allowing air flow for healing.
In addition to the suggestions above, if the boil is open or draining
- Pour apple cider vinegar directly over the boil; it will burn but will cleanse infection deep within the wound. Dilute with water to decrease the strength and burning. It can also be mixed with water and taken orally for internal disinfection.
- Place small pieces of organic onion (natural
antibacterial and antiseptic) and organic garlic (natural antiseptic) around the perimeter of the boil.
- Cut a thin piece (about the size of the wound) of raw organic potato and place directly on the boil.
- Potato will not burn and serves to draw pus to the skin surface.
- Cover the boil with onion, garlic, and potato and gauze or bandage.
- When removing bandage, moisten first to loosen from the boil.Boils are the products of weakened immune systems.
People can increase green leafy and organic vegetables in their diet and also eat raw food to increase nutrient intake. Avoiding caffeine, sugar, and processed foods increases immunity against boils
. A combination of the following vitamins and natural medicines strengthens the immune system. Consult Prescription for Nutritional Healing
for recommended dosages:
- Vitamin C with bioflavonoids: anti-inflammatory and immune system stimulant
- Vitamin E: powerful antioxidant
- Vitamin A: immune system booster
- Zinc: healing aid and immunity booster
- Garlic: natural antiseptic
- Phytonutrients: such as spirulina
, barley and wheat grasses, FOS from chicory root, chlorella, and kelp
- Liver detox: typically includes dandelion, milk thistle, burdock, artichoke, kelp, and peppermint
Boils may be signs of more serious infection in the body. If the following symptoms persist or get worse, contact a doctor immediately:
- Red streaking extending out from the boil means the infection is spreading.
- Pain in surrounding body parts.
- Change in appetite.
Successful at-home treatment of boils is possible with information, diligence, and patience. And by not using antibiotics
, the bacteria is not given a chance to gain resistance to them.
Resources:Prescription for Nutritional Healing
4th ed., by Phyllis A. Balch, CNChttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epsom_salthttp://www.bestboilstreatment.com/apple-cide...
About the author
Carlos Greene is engaged in multiple issues across the spectrum of public policy. He is a writer, organic gardener, and lover of music.