(NaturalNews) Research has proven that unhappiness has a negative impact on health. One recent health study found that stress has a delayed impact on cardiovascular health, while another found a link between depression and the formation of atherosclerosis. Statistics show that the incidence of cardiovascular disease increased by 53% following 9/11.
More than ever, science is recognizing that happiness and peace are keys to optimum health.
So it is not hard to believe that with so much suboptimal health in the world, there is also far too little true happiness. Researchers have well documented the fact that the happiness of Americans along with most Europeans has been steadily on the decline, despite an increase in overall material wealth. Everyday we learn about ways we can be healthier through diet, super foods, and exercise. Yet without authentic happiness, we remain at greater risk for developing illness and disease.
The Science of Happiness
Are you aware that there is actually a science of happiness? We can look inside of ourselves and discover the changes that can bring us further down the road to true, authentic happiness.
Here are some happiness facts, according to scientists:
* Women are generally less satisfied with life until they reach age 50. After age 50, men catch up.
* Dissatisfaction leads to unhappiness.
* Happiness can be measured in the brain.
* No one thing makes us ultimately happy.
* Strong social relationships create better wellbeing and happiness.
* Excessive consumerism, and wanting contributes to unhappiness.
* Happiness is a magical feeling.
* Wealth doesn't give us true happiness because there is always someone richer to compare with. "Buying" into advertising induces unhappiness by demanding that we "measure up".
* Long commuter journeys to and from work cut us off from happy social connections and cause stress and anxiety.
* Happily married couples are healthier. A Study reports that happily married couples experience lower blood pressure.
* Yoga and meditation can help to quiet the mind and promote happiness.
* Deep friendships and trust in others seem to have a positive effect on health and overall wellbeing.
* Those who have a sense of spirituality, whether through religion, philosophical beliefs, or faith are happier.
* And, as the Dalai Lama says, "compassion and kindness lead to true happiness".
The bottom line is that happiness helps us experience less stress and better health and longevity. We all need to think about what can make us truly fulfilled, peaceful, and ultimately happy.
About the author
Sheryl is a kinesiologist, nutritionist and holistic practitioner. Her website www.younglivingguide.com provides the latest research on preventing disease, looking naturally gorgeous, and feeling emotionally and physically fabulous. You can also find some of the most powerful super foods on the planet including raw chocolate, purple corn, and many others.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com