(NaturalNews) While their may be a genetic predisposition to Alzheimer's Disease, it is a primarily preventable disease. An unhealthy diet high in sugar and Trans fats, lack of both mental and physical exercise, and a highly stressful life is generally at the root of the problem.
Here are some of the proven ways to prevent Alzheimer's naturally:
* Eat a nutritious diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables. Produce that has been scientifically shown to fight Alzheimer's are pomegranates, wild blueberries, green leafy vegetables such as broccoli and spinach, and apples.
* Eat plenty of high-quality omega-3 oils found in most seeds including hemp and flax. You can also take fish oil, but make certain it is from a good source, as many fish have mercury toxicity, which causes Alzheimer's.
* Ensure that you are getting enough antioxidants. As mentioned above, eating fruit and vegetables is the best way to fight free radical damage. Chocolate, green tea, vitamin E and vitamin C are other antioxidants that may be important for defending against Alzheimer's.
* A new study from researchers at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies has found that an antioxidant nutrient in strawberries may help improve memory and protect the brain from the onset of Alzheimer's disease.
* New research from the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm shows that pre-diabetes has been shown to greatly increase the risk of developing Alzheimer's disease. Pre-diabetes is associated with higher blood sugar levels.
* New research shows that a person with high cholesterol, high blood pressure and is obese is far more likely (600% more) to lose healthy brain function and be diagnosed with Alzheimer's than people who maintain a healthy body weight, and who eat a healthy diet. Find out more about how yoga can help these problems.
* The pigment in turmeric that gives curry spice its yellow hue may also be able to break up the "plaques" that mark the brains of Alzheimer's disease patients, early research suggests.
* Avoid mercury. As mentioned above, many fish are contaminated with mercury, so research which fish types are safe and mercury-free. Vaccinations are another cause of mercury toxicity.
* Avoid aluminium, such as in antiperspirants and aluminium cookware.
* Exercise for three to five hours per week. According to studies, people who regularly exercise are one-fourth as likely to develop the disease.
* Challenge your mind everyday. Research continually shows that mental stimulation, speaking two languages, travelling, puzzles, and learning to play an instrument are a good way to avoid dementia and Alzheimer's. Learn something new everyday, even a vocabulary word, or a telephone number.
* Deal with stress when it comes, since it is proven to erode mind and body. Stress produces hormones that damage the brain. Meditation, yoga, art, and gardening are just two of the ways that we can manage our stress.
About the author
Sheryl is a kinesiologist, nutritionist and holistic practitioner. Her website www.younglivingguide.com provides the latest research on preventing disease, looking naturally gorgeous, and feeling emotionally and physically fabulous. You can also find some of the most powerful super foods on the planet including raw chocolate, purple corn, and many others.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com