Copper can fix enlarged hearts, new research involving mice suggests. The study comes from the University of Louisville in Kentucky, and found that adding copper to the diet reversed hypertrophy (enlargement of the heart).
• USDA surveys have shown that most Americans already get more than the recommended daily intake of 0.9 milligrams of copper per day. On average among people between the ages of 19 and 60, men take in 1.6 milligrams a day and women take in 1 milligram a day.
• Copper can be taken in vitamin supplements, but it is also found in most foods, especially the yeast in bread. It also is plentiful in cocoa powder and oysters.
• Dr. Leslie M. Klevay, a professor of internal medicine at the University of North Dakota who has studied copper's effect on the heart for the past decade, told the HealthDay news service that taking copper should be combined with taking iron to let the body absorb copper better.
• Further research is necessary to see if the effects translate to humans.
• The study was published in the Journal of Experimental Medicine (March, 2007).
• The presence of copper in foods depends entirely on its presence in soils. When soils are stripped of minerals through over farming, the soils are left depleted of such minerals, which translates into mineral-depleted foods.
Copper intake has been shown to reverse the effects of an enlarged heart in mice.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com