Scientists at the University of California in Irvine have made a surprising discovery -- using an air purifier with commercial air fresheners can actually make your indoor air quality worse in most cases.
• Air purifiers give off ozone, and that reacts badly with volatile organic compounds like limonene - the chemical used to make the artificial smell of lemon - found in air fresheners and household cleaners.
• Some ionic air purifiers emit ozone as a byproduct of the ionization process. In fact, some air purifiers will actually emphasize their ozone-producing qualities.
• "Excess ozone can damage the lungs, causing chest pain, coughing, shortness of breath and throat irritation," according to a UCI press release.
• The study, funded in part by the National Science Foundation, involved running two types of air purifiers in an empty office space, and taking air samples. Limonene vapor was sprayed into the air at timed intervals.
• "These air purifiers can not only elevate the level of ozone, a formidable air pollutant in itself, but also increase the amount of harmful particulate matter in indoor air," Sergey Nizkorodov, assistant professor of chemistry at UCI and co-author of the study, said in a UCI press release.
• Commercial air fresheners, in my opinion, contains chemicals that are hazardous to human health and may promote asthma or even cancer. Adding ozone to the mixture seems to potentiate the harmful effects of the chemicals.
• If you are attempting to add a fresh scent to your home, I recommend using only natural essential oils with an aromatherapy diffuser.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com