(NaturalNews) Neuroscientists at Auckland (N.Z.) University and the Carlsson Institute for Neuroscience in Sweden have found a cell pathway providing new evidence that the brain may be able to repair itself, according to the results of an eight-year study.
The research may yield new information for fighting Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and preventing strokes.
• The research suggests that the brain generates new stem cells, an important revelation.
• The stem cells divide and convert themselves into other types of cell, which allow them to move to areas of the brain containing destroyed and damaged cells.
• Humans have a cellular pathway that cells use to get to areas of the brain that need new cells, suggesting it repairs itself.
• The cellular pathways had previously been seen with rats.
• The research was conducted in part by using donated human brains and utilizing MRIs.
• The study will be published this week as the cover story in the journal Science.
• "The challenge is to understand what makes these cells divide and migrate down the pathway. How can we increase that; how can we help stimulate the cells to travel to areas of brain damage. We know that in a rat, if it has the equivalent of Parkinson's disease or stroke, cells leave this pathway to go to areas of damage. The pathway in humans probably has the same facility," said Dr. Richard Faull, one of the study's lead researchers.
• The human body is a self-repairing mechanism, and conventional medicine has for a long time grossly underestimated the ability of the brain to repair itself.
• Alzheimer's disease is often a reversible condition that can be cured with detoxification protocols, nutritional therapies, daily superfoods consumption and diligent avoidance of brain-damaging chemicals such as aspartame.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com