Originally published October 8 2014
Preparing for an Ebola pandemic ensures survival, confidence and calm
by J. D. Heyes
(NaturalNews) Natural News editor Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, has been busy again lately, recording several episodes' worth of a course that contains very useful information regarding how best to protect yourself and your family in today's chaotic, bio-infected world.
His latest course, Episode 12, is titled,"Remaining Calm: Why Ebola Preparedness Leads to Confidence and Calm," is now available at BioDefense.com, and as is the case with all previous discussions, it is available free of charge to the public.
In this episode, Adams leads off by saying that he has fielded scores of questions and concerns regarding the current Ebola outbreak, its spread to the United States and what people can do to better prepare for it.
"I've had a lot people of contact me since [the disease] was found in Dallas," he said. "There's a lot of concern that [Ebola] is spreading, that even if [the first patient, Thomas Eric Duncan] is controlled, then... It could be spreading through people that are just flying into the country, going right through Customs, and then [are] walking around major U.S. cities."
He added: "I've never heard so many people in a state of fear about an epidemic before... so I thought it would be really important to really explain why we need to stay calm about this."
Relax - and prepare now
In this course, Adams discusses several important aspects of the Ebola outbreak, its spread to the U.S., what to expect, what is ahead and, vitally, what measures people can take to be prepared and, thus, calm their fears.
Here is a summary of what Adams discusses in this episode:
- the sooner you get prepared, the more rational justification you have for remaining calm and confident;
- are you ready right now to survive a 21-day quarantine in your own home?
- most Americans have no ability to survive for 21 days in isolation;
- can you survive for 21 days without electricity?
- don't depend on food being available at grocery stores;
- be prepared for looters to try to break into homes and businesses;
- don't ever allow yourself to need food from the government;
- if you want to feel calm, give yourself good reasons to feel calm;
- there's still plenty of time to get prepared if you start now;
- start making better decisions about where to spend your discretionary income;
- build up your preparedness supplies consistently, over time;
- know when to bug out by monitoring local infection counts;
- have some preparedness supplies stored at your bug out destination;
- having options creates confidence and calm;
- in America today, you have remarkable access to anti-viral herbs and superfoods;
- why you should be growing medicinal herbs and spices right now;
- taking action now can lead to a sense of optimism about facing the future;
- humanity will move forward even after a global pandemic;
- understanding the origins of pessimism and panic;
- panic comes from a lack of knowledge and a lack of preparedness;
- the CDC is contributing to panic by lying about modes of Ebola transmission;
- be prepared with multiple layers of defense; and
- by preparing for a pandemic, you are also simultaneously prepared against all other potential disasters.
The very first step in gaining peace of mind, says Adams, is to start "making a list" of supplies, foodstuffs and medicines you will need if you have to a) venture out of your home during a widening Ebola outbreak; b) take care someone inside your home (click here for a great primer on how to set up a "sick room"); or c)"bug in" - that is, stay in your home during a government-ordered quarantine of two to five weeks (or more). Adams says storable foods and as many as 100 gallons of water per person will go a long way toward getting you prepared for a potential widening Ebola outbreak (or any other manmade or natural disaster).
Click here to listen to the course now.
To learn more about how to prepare for a potential Ebola crisis here in the U.S., be sure to check out:
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. Truth Publishing LLC takes sole responsibility for all content. Truth Publishing sells no hard products and earns no money from the recommendation of products. NaturalNews.com is presented for educational and commentary purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice from any licensed practitioner. Truth Publishing assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. For the full terms of usage of this material, visit www.NaturalNews.com/terms.shtml