Originally published June 14 2014
Chinese herbal medicine can treat cancer safely and effectively
by PF Louis
(NaturalNews) Australia's University of Western Sydney and Beijing University of Chinese Medicine recently conducted a large, retrospective review of thousands of studies and "hundreds of thousands of cancer patients" which proved that Chinese herbal medicine is indeed a viable treatment for almost all cancers.
The researchers intensely scrutinized lung, liver, stomach, breast, esophageal, colorectal and nasopharyngeal (throat and sinus) cancer. Breast cancer was the fourth most studied of all the cancers. The researchers analyzed and reviewed 2,964 human clinical studies that involved 253,434 mostly cancer patients. Among these were 2,385 randomized, controlled studies and 579 non-randomized, controlled studies.
In 90% of the clinical studies, Chinese herbal medicine was used. However, 72% of these cases used a combination of conventional allopathic treatment and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). The remaining 28% used TCM exclusively and were considered experimental.
Among cancer patients, 64% were treated with a combination of conventional allopathic cancer treatment and TCM. The remaining cancer patients received TCM exclusively. However, roughly half of those patients (TCM only) had received allopathic cancer treatment in the past.
In the United States, acupuncture is frequently used merely adjunctively to alleviate pain and other side effects caused by cancer and the allopathic cancer treatments used to treat it. In contrast, China can rely on TCM as their conventional therapy for cancer.
Due to the sheer volume of the study, the results were understandably diverse based on these variables: type of study, type of treatment and the specific outcomes for which the researchers were testing.
Nevertheless, the TCM results were impressively undeniable. Based on 1,015 studies, a whopping 85% of the participants reported a decrease in cancer symptoms, especially pain. Significantly, an additional 883 studies exhibited a 70% increase in survival rates, as well as a 38% reduction in tumor size, a 28% improvement in quality of life, a 19% reduction in relapse and, finally, a 7% reduction in complications.
Other TCM studies with similar resultsA previous smaller study was done by Norway's National Research Center in Complementary and Alternative Medicine and the University of Tromso, Norway, in conjunction with the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine. The study included 716 trials and 1,198 cancer patients with the following cancers: leukemia, stomach cancer, liver cancer or esophageal cancer.
Again, the results were impressive for TCM; 98.5% of the study participants used TCM and reported an 85% reduction in symptoms.
Yet another much larger study was conducted by researchers from the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, and it included 1,217 clinical studies from 1958 to 2011 and 92,945 patients. Approximately 66% of the patients exclusively used TCM, and 34% used both TCM and conventional cancer treatment. And 82% of the patients were orally given herbal medicine.
The majority of the TCM patients, 95%, were administered only one type of herbal medicine, which in TCM usually means a traditionally based formula consisting of a precise combination of individual herbs that work synergistically to restore homeostasis generally and especially in the therapeutic target area.
This study concluded that the TCM patient studies exhibited an 88% across-the-board reduction in symptoms, including patients who were treated with only TMC. Survival rates increased 73%. The remaining study trials demonstrated a 96% reduction in symptoms overall, while cancer patients saw a 92% reduction in symptoms.
After thousands of scientific studies involving hundreds of thousands of cancer patients, it's clear that TCM impressively improves a wide variety of debilitating diseases, including cancer.
Yet, there are many western allopathic doctors with media influence and bureaucratic clout who angrily maintain their medical monopoly by asserting that TCM and acupuncture provide only placebo effects.
Sources for this article include:
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. Truth Publishing LLC takes sole responsibility for all content. Truth Publishing sells no hard products and earns no money from the recommendation of products. NaturalNews.com is presented for educational and commentary purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice from any licensed practitioner. Truth Publishing assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. For the full terms of usage of this material, visit www.NaturalNews.com/terms.shtml