Originally published February 24 2011
Avoid tooth cavities with five health tips
by Rami Nagel
(NaturalNews) Here are 5 essential tips to avoid cavities this winter.
1. One Sweet Food Per Day - Instead of having sweets and desserts all day long, have only one dessert or sweet food source per day. By limiting the amount of sweets you consume each day, you limit blood sugar fluctuations. These fluctuations cause minerals such as calcium and phosphorous to be withdrawn from your teeth and bones. Fruit is considered a sweet as well because natural sugars can contribute to tooth decay, however not as severely as white or processed sugars.
2. Avoid Desserts and Condiments with High Fructose Corn Syrup (Corn Sugar) - We know that sugar is bad for our teeth, but what about high fructose corn syrup from corn? High fructose corn syrup actually causes more intense blood fructose fluctuations than white sugar. More intense blood fructose causes more minerals to be pulled from your teeth and bones. So if you are going to eat something sweet this winter, make sure it is sweetened with something that is not synthetic, i.e., cane sugar or fruit. Try to avoid mineral depleting high fructose corn syrup.
3. Lather on the Butter You know how good this delicious ingredient tastes. And here is a good reason to indulge in it during the wintertime. According to the research of Dentist Weston Price, cultures around the world with the lowest rates of cavities do not avoid natural animal fats like butter. He also notes in this book "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration," that butter from grassfed cows contains a cavity preventing vitamin not often found in our diet, Activator X. In addition, having more butter during the wintertime will reduce blood sugar fluctuations from sweet foods. Butter in turn provides your body with the healthy vitamin rich fats it needs to prevent cavities.
4. Have Calcium Rich Raw Dairy - Calcium builds strong teeth and bones. One highly absorbable form of calcium comes from dairy because cows and goats have a diet requiring grass and plants. Pasteurization kills vitamin C contents in milk, so if possible choose your dairy raw and fresh. There are many high quality artesian raw milk cheeses made in the United States and Europe. These cheeses are very dense in minerals such as calcium and phosphorous which we need for healthy teeth and bones. For those who do not have access to raw dairy, yogurt from grassfed milk makes a tasty calcium rich treat.
5. Floss with Dental Tape Flossing may be much more effective in limiting cavities than brushing. Brushing can spread around dental plaque and push plaque into the gum line. Flossing with dental tape (which is a type of floss that is wider than normal floss) helps clean plaque from in between the teeth to help prevent those winter cavities.
Nutrition and Physical Degeneration
Cure Tooth Decay
Weston A. Price Foundation
About the authorRamiel Nagel is the internationally published author of Cure Tooth Decay and Healing Our Children In "Cure Tooth Decay" Nagel, reveals how your teeth can heal naturally because they were never designed to decay in the first place! Now there is a natural way to take control of your dental health by changing the food that you eat. Receive 19 free lessons on how to stop cavities
"Healing Our Children" explains the true causes of disease conditions of pregnancy and childhood so that you can avoid and prevent them. It provides essential natural health programs so that mothers and their new babies can optimize their health during the times of preconception, pregnancy, lactation and early childhood. Receive a free chapter of Healing Our Children
Free health information is also available on the topics of:
A Program for preconception health based on indigenous wisdom.
The cause of disease and the end of suffering of humanity.
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. Truth Publishing LLC takes sole responsibility for all content. Truth Publishing sells no hard products and earns no money from the recommendation of products. NaturalNews.com is presented for educational and commentary purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice from any licensed practitioner. Truth Publishing assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. For the full terms of usage of this material, visit www.NaturalNews.com/terms.shtml