Originally published June 22 2010
Six Easy Ways Detox in Our Toxic World
by Paul Fassa
(NaturalNews) In today's polluted and chemically contaminated world, we can only control toxins by what we consume or use in the home. But there is more we can't control externally. Incorporating detox protocols is actually necessary, not just nice. Fortunately, there are some simple, inexpensive methods that can be incorporated easily.
All processed foods, even many from health food stores, should be shunned. Most produce that's not organic is sprayed with toxic chemicals, some more than others. Find out which are worst and avoid them. Go organic as much as possible. All commercial household cleaners contain toxic materials. Ditto for laundry and dish detergents and most cosmetics.
Dry cleaning is not so dry when it comes to harsh chemicals. Try the eye and nose test in dry cleaning establishments or down the household cleaner and laundry detergent aisles of any grocery store. If you're not offended by the smell or if your eyes don't smart, you've been around this stuff too long.
These are a few simple detox protocols that are within reach and can be incorporated within almost any life style. There are others of course, but these can be incorporated within most lifestyles.
(1) Super foods, such as Chlorella, are excellent food based nutritional supplements that help detox as well. The Health Ranger (source below) recommends five grams of chlorella daily. Shaking chlorella powder in a jar of strong unsweetened lime or lemon water creates a mix that bypasses the unpleasant taste.
(2) Cilantro extracts, juice, pesto, or leaves with chlorella is great for removing heavy metals.
Cilantro alone has been clinically proven to remove mercury.
(3) Fasting for a week or so with lemon water mixed with cayenne has been effective for many.
(4) Lots of fiber in the diet aids bowel elimination. We should have two to three bowel movements daily.
(5) A tablespoon of activated charcoal powder taken in water on an empty stomach for one or two weeks is great for removing toxins and even heavy metals, according to Dr. Al Sears. It's virtually tasteless, just kind of messy.
(6) Enemas are proven detox methods. There is the coffee enema (organic unflavored high caffeine), which detoxes the liver, our most important toxin filter. With the coffee enema one lies on the right side for 20 minutes before eliminating. Plain water or herbal solution enemas for the bowel and lower intestines involves lying on the left side before eliminating. Either of these could be done weekly or as often as possible.
Replacing What's Been Avoided
There are many natural alternative products for all of the items to avoid that are safe and work well. Stay with bulk organic produce, grains, and legumes as much as possible. Organic hand soaps and shaving creams are available in health food stores everywhere. Natural soap nuts really do work for laundry items. Only a few soap nuts at a time need to be used for several washes; thus, the per load cost is ultimately inexpensive.
You can save money by using cheap white vinegar for house hold cleaning. Adding baking soda with vinegar works as a cleanser for sinks and toilets. That combination can even unclog drains. Use inexpensive baking soda and hydrogen peroxide for brushing teeth. There are green dry cleaners that don't use toxic chemicals cropping up. If you can find one in your area, there's your dry cleaning replacement.
Even with all the lifestyle changes, unless you're in a pristine isolated area, free from auto and industrial pollution as well as free from planes chemtrailing overhead, some detoxing is necessary.
Sources for more information include:
Mike Adams' excellent complete ebook on chlorella and spirulina - FREE!
Mercola promotes chlorella's detox aspects
Dr. Al Sears on activated charcoal powder for detoxifying
Coffee enemas for detoxification
Health Ranger: Cilantro helps detox heavy metals
About the authorPaul Fassa is dedicated to warning others about the current corruption of food and medicine and guiding others toward a direction for better health with no restrictions on health freedom. You can visit his blog at http://healthmaven.blogspot.com
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. Truth Publishing LLC takes sole responsibility for all content. Truth Publishing sells no hard products and earns no money from the recommendation of products. NaturalNews.com is presented for educational and commentary purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice from any licensed practitioner. Truth Publishing assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. For the full terms of usage of this material, visit www.NaturalNews.com/terms.shtml