Originally published March 15 2010
Latest vaccination farce leaves baby fighting for his life
by Marek Doyle
(NaturalNews) A British baby is fighting for his life after being given a massive overdose of a tuberculosis vaccine. It is reported that he received 0.5mg of the BCG injection, 10 times the standard 0.05mg dose, at a hospital in the UK just days after his birth. The incident marks another case of iatrogenic disease and highlights how well-meaning vaccination can result in quite serious consequences.
"Their baby is receiving treatment for TB, which has its own side-effects, but they are hopeful that the treatment will be successful with no long-term damage to their baby's health. It is important that we get answers about how and why this has happened." said David Body, a lawyer acting on behalf of the parents. He also revealed his doubts about the treatment given to other innocent children. "It is unclear how many people have been affected but we have received reports that others may also have been given the same overdose. This case raises important questions about basic systems in hospitals to ensure the safe administration of drugs, including vaccines."
Whilst it remains to be seen how many other families are suffering similar tragedies, the news reinforces the concerns of many about the safety of injecting newborn infants with such a wide array of infectious agents and, at the very least, demonstrates that these vaccinations are not as benign as many supporters would imply. The current recommended schedule of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) includes a massive 36 different vaccines in the first two years of life, and has been widely criticised by those interested in natural health. This incident also undermines any plans to introduce mandatory vaccination; the public is very unlikely to submit to such measures when administrative errors may see one end up in intensive care.
Meanwhile, specialists from the immunology and poisons agency are administering treatment to the baby boy at Sheffield Children's Hospital. Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the hospital at the centre of the scandal said: "We launched a full investigation as soon as we found out about the incident. That investigation is ongoing and we will continue to keep the parents informed as to the progress of that investigation."
About the authorMarek Doyle is a London personal trainer, nutritionist and the pioneer of the Combined Allergy Test, with locations serving Kensington, Chelsea, West London and Basingstoke. Marek runs Blueprint Fitness, edits theAdrenal Fatigue Focus website and has been recognised as one of the top three trainers in the country and counts world champion athletes, models and TV celebrities amongst his clientele.
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. Truth Publishing LLC takes sole responsibility for all content. Truth Publishing sells no hard products and earns no money from the recommendation of products. NaturalNews.com is presented for educational and commentary purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice from any licensed practitioner. Truth Publishing assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. For the full terms of usage of this material, visit www.NaturalNews.com/terms.shtml