Originally published March 2 2009
Revealed: The Health Ranger's Avocado Chocolate Superfood Smoothie Recipe
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, NaturalNews Editor
(NaturalNews) Wouldn't it be nice to chug down a delicious chocolate shake without any guilt whatsoever? That's what my Avocado Chocolate Superfood Smoothie recipe provides: A delicious, nutritious and 100 percent guilt-free superfood smoothie that will excite your taste buds and enhance your health!
This recipe provides hundreds of healing phytonutrients that help prevent cancer, protect your heart and brain, boost immune function, improve digestion and skin, and give your body a healthy jolt of nutritional awakening. (I drink one of these nearly every morning for breakfast.)
Here's the completely recipe, modified and upgraded from my book Superfood Smoothies (http://www.truthpublishing.com/superfoodsmoo...).
Feel free to experiment with this recipe yourself, in your own kitchen, and see just how incredibly delicious you can make it!
• 1 fresh, raw avocado (just the meat part, not the skin or seed, obviously)
• 2 large scoops of raw cacao powder from Sunfood (www.Sunfood.com)
• 1 large scoop of Delicious Greens 8000 superfood powder (www.DeliciousGreens.com)
• 1 quart (32 fluid ounces) of raw almond milk (or soy milk, hemp milk, cow milk or whatever milk you use)
• 1 fresh, raw Asian pear (or regular pear, or banana, depending on taste)
• Sweeten to taste (stevia, brown rice syrup or other natural sweetener of your choice)
Combine all ingredients in a Vita-Mix or other powerful blender. Blend and enjoy! The color is incredible!
It's healthier to drink these ingredients at room temperature, but if you're used to cold, ice cream shakes, then it may seem more familiar to use these ingredients cold at first. Over time, you can gradually shift to more room temperature ingredients.
Optional nutritional additions for hard-core "power" superfoods fans:
• 1 spoon of alkalizing formula from EnerFood (www.EnerHealthBotanicals.com)
• 1 spoon of Cordyceps mushroom powder (goes well with chocolate)
• 1 spoon of VitaMineral green from HealthForce (www.HealthForce.com)
Other optional superfood powders to try:
• Boku Superfood (www.BokuSuperfood.com)
• Emerald Balance (www.SGNnutrition.com)
• Pure Synergy (www.TheSynergyCompany.com) (Amazing high-vibration superfood!)
Other optional ingredients to blend in for even better nutrition:
• Fresh clover sprouts (great anti-cancer recipe)
• Bee pollen (www.VitaPura.net)
• Raw peanuts or peanut butter (chocolate peanut butter taste!)
• Tahitian vanilla bean powder (yum!)
• Fresh, raw coconut oil (www.Nutiva.com) or (www.VivaPura.net)
• Fresh mint leaves or mint oil
(I have no financial ties to any of the companies mentioned here.)
More delicious superfood smoothie recipes are available in my book Superfood Smoothies (link above), but the recipe I've published right here is, in my opinion, the best of them all!
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. Truth Publishing LLC takes sole responsibility for all content. Truth Publishing sells no hard products and earns no money from the recommendation of products. NaturalNews.com is presented for educational and commentary purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice from any licensed practitioner. Truth Publishing assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. For the full terms of usage of this material, visit www.NaturalNews.com/terms.shtml