Originally published March 8 2007
Health care spending in United States to double over 10 years as "sick care" industry bankrupts America
by David Gutierrez, staff writer
(NaturalNews) The amount of money people spend on health care in the United States is likely to double over the next 10 years - from $2.1 trillion to $4 trillion - according to a new report published in an online edition of Health Affairs. The report was authored by a team of economists, statisticians and actuaries from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Jump directly to: conventional view | alternative view | resources | bottom line
What you need to know - Conventional View
• Currently, approximately 16 cents of every dollar earned in the United States is spent on health care, according to 2006 estimates. The report anticipates that this will rise to 19.6 percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by 2016.
• Report co-author John Poisal, deputy director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, attributes this growth to an aging national population.
• While health spending continues to grow, the report found that it is growing less rapidly than in previous years - at a rate of 6.8 percent of the GDP, compared with 6.9 percent in 2005.
• Spending on prescription drugs is expected to grow by approximately 8.6 percent annually, to a level of $500 billion in 2016. This is more than double the 2006 amount.
What you need to know - Alternative ViewStatements and opinions by Mike Adams
• U.S. citizens get the worst health care bargain in the world: They spend more on health care (or sick care, actually) than any other nation, yet rates of chronic degenerative disease also remain higher in the U.S. than anywhere in the world. Clearly, the U.S. sick care system does not work.
• The real reasons behind rising health care costs in the United States are the continued disease mongering push by Big Pharma, the monopoly price fixing on medications by drug companies (supported by the FDA), the utter unwillingness of medical authorities to teach disease prevention to the population, and the continued assault on inexpensive alternatives to drugs such as nutrition, herbs and natural therapies.
• Skyrocketing health care costs are bankrupting the U.S. economy and forcing businesses to shut down or move overseas. Half of all personal bankruptcies in the United States are due to medical bills. The sick care industry seems bent on leaving Americans bankrupt and living in a state of ongoing disease diagnosis and "management" rather than teaching people how to actually prevent disease.
Resources you need to know
• The whole monopoly structure of the industry is explained in detail in Mike Adams' new book, Natural Health Solutions and the Conspiracy to Keep You From Knowing About Them: www.TruthPublishing.com/NaturalHealthSolutio...
• Spending on health care will double in the United States during the next 10 years.
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. Truth Publishing LLC takes sole responsibility for all content. Truth Publishing sells no hard products and earns no money from the recommendation of products. NaturalNews.com is presented for educational and commentary purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice from any licensed practitioner. Truth Publishing assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. For the full terms of usage of this material, visit www.NaturalNews.com/terms.shtml