Originally published July 13 2004
Appetite stimulating hormone decreases following gastric bypass surgery
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, NaturalNews Editor
Research is showing that people who under gastric bypass surgery -- a barbaric procedure if there ever was one -- experience a decrease in the appetite stimulating hormone ghrelin. This, according to the researchers, helps patients lose weight and also proves the surgical procedure is a success.
But wait a minute. If the decrease in the hormone is responsible for the weight loss, then aren't there other strategies that help control this appetite hormone without the use of scalpels, scar tissue, loss of blood and sky-high medical bills? Of course there are! The surgeons just don't know about them.
It all comes down to brain chemistry: modify your brain chemistry and your appetite comes back into balance. You don't need surgery to have a healthy appetite, either. All you really need is the following:
- Avoid all processed foods. Don't eat any refined sugars, high-fructose corn syrup, refined carbohydrates, refined white flour, white rice, soft drinks, chips, breads or other carbs. Basically follow the Atkins diet, but make it healthier by reading Low-Carb Diet Warning in the mean time.
- Start feeding yourself superfoods: chlorella, spirulina, wheat grass, organic vitamins, broccoli sprouts, garlic, ginger, quinoa, and so on. This will give you outstanding nutrition.
- Take coral calcium, sea vegetable supplements, or some other source of macro minerals and trace minerals.
- Get a daily dose of sunshine. I don't have the space to explain it here, but sunshine alters your brain chemistry and suppresses out of control carbohydrate cravings. Everybody needs natural sunlight on their skin.
- Get a daily dose of physical exercise, even if it means nothing more than pumping your arms up and down for ten minutes while you sit in a chair. Better yet, get into a walking habit if you can walk. This radically alters your brain chemistry and frequently drops cravings within a matter of weeks, if not sooner.
- Take appetite suppressing nutritional supplements like hoodia gordonii, jojoba extract (also called Simmondsin), psyllium fiber or other supplements shown to block hunger signals.
Do all this and you can save yourself from the surgeon's scalpel. Surgery should always be the VERY LAST option after all other options are exhausted. And I've never met or even heard of a single person undergoing gastric bypass surgery who exhausted the other options first. Too often, people opt for surgery as a lazy shortcut. That's right: LAZY shortcut. It's lazy, irresponsible, and it scars your body for life. Oh, and by the way, it kills something like 1.5% of all patients undergoing the surgery. How's that for your health?
Look: there are only about 20 - 30 people on the entire planet who have a freakish genetic fluke that causes them to eat uncontrollably. Everybody else who's obese just suffers from poor brain chemistry, poor nutritional habits and lack of education about what really works to lose weight and regain health. It sounds simple, but if you do the six things I've named above, there's nearly a 100% chance that you'll lose unwanted pounds and find yourself at a healthy weight in a matter of months. The question is: are you willing to give up all that junk food, television watching, and binge eating in order to be thin and healthy? Only you can answer that question.
By the way, I know what I'm talking about here. I used to be overweight, unhealthy, depressed and borderline diabetic. Using the strategies listed above, I lost fifty pounds of body fat and regained my health and youth. It wasn't easy, but it works. And I have my entire stomach, thank you.
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. Truth Publishing LLC takes sole responsibility for all content. Truth Publishing sells no hard products and earns no money from the recommendation of products. NaturalNews.com is presented for educational and commentary purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice from any licensed practitioner. Truth Publishing assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. For the full terms of usage of this material, visit www.NaturalNews.com/terms.shtml