Home
Subscribe (free)
About NaturalNews
Contact Us
Write for NaturalNews
Media Info
Advertising Info
Toothpaste

Chemicals in Toothpaste Kill Teenage Girl

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 by: David Gutierrez, staff writer
Tags: toothpaste, health news, Natural News


Most Viewed Articles
https://www.naturalnews.com/023456_toothpaste_death_chemicals.html
Delicious
diaspora
Print
Email
Share

(NaturalNews) A teenage girl who died from anaphylactic shock in October was killed by an allergic reaction to her toothpaste, her family has alleged.

Francesca Sanna went into anaphylactic shock while in a car heading out with her friends for the night. She died before she could receive the necessary medical treatment.

Only minutes before the attack, she had brushed her teeth with Aquafresh toothpaste. Her parents have blamed the toothpaste for their daughter's death.

"From the beginning I thought that toothpaste might have contributed to her death," said Sanna's mother Kim. "We always used Aquafresh Mild and Minty, and then the packaging changed. This is when Francesca started to complain of sore teeth and gums - a couple of weeks before she died."

Kim Sanna noted that her daughter had brushed her teeth right before leaving the house.

"Her [allergic] reaction was so severe and so quick the trigger must have been something she did before she left the house, like brushing her teeth," she said.

In response to the allegations, a spokesperson for Aquafresh manufacturer Glaxo SmithKline said that the ingredients of Aquafresh Mild and Minty toothpaste have not changed since 2001, and that the company has never had reports of severe allergies to the product.

The coroner's report on Sanna's death was inconclusive, beyond the fact that an allergic reaction - specifically, an acute anaphylactic reaction and asthma - was definitely the cause of death.

"She must have come into contact with or ingested something that caused her death," said coroner Carolyn Singleton.

At a recent inquest into the death, pathologist Dr Richard Prescott said, "Both lungs were inflamed and the bronchials were plugged with mucus, but she did not die from an asthma attack.

"[The cause] could have been a number of different things. People have suffered severe reactions in the past from toothpaste, mouthwash or even tampons," Prescott said.

Join the Health Ranger's FREE email newsletter
Get breaking news alerts on GMOs, fluoride, superfoods, natural cures and more...
Your privacy is protected. Unsubscribe at any time. | Learn more...

comments powered by Disqus


Support NaturalNews Sponsors:

Support NaturalNews Sponsors:

Get alerted on heavy metals and pesticide test results for foods and supplements

Natural News is about to begin releasing lab test results for off-the-shelf food, supplement and pet food products, covering heavy metals, nutritive minerals, pesticides and herbicides. These details will be released exclusively to Natural News email newsletter subscribers (FREE) and will NOT be publicly posted on the website. To be alerted, join our free email newsletter now, and watch for lab test results in the weeks ahead.

Enter your email address below to subscribe to our email announcement list (but don't use gmail). Your privacy is protected and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you don't join our email list, you may never see our valuable content again via Facebook, Google or YouTube. CENSORSHIP has now reached EXTREME levels across the 'net. The truth is being suffocated. Subscribe now if you want to escape the delusional bubble of false reality being pushed by Google and Facebook.

Once you click subscribe, we will send you an email asking you to confirm your free subscription.