Originally published December 8 2012
Five reasons you should try the Gerson cancer cures
by Jonathan Benson, staff writer
(NaturalNews) If you suffer from a debilitating health condition such as rheumatoid arthritis or diabetes, or know someone who does, it might be worth your while to check out the Gerson Diet. Traditionally used to treat and cure cancer, the Gerson Diet, which was developed by Dr. Max Gerson in the 1930s as part of his famous Gerson Therapy, can also help treat and cure a variety of other degenerative diseases, including lupus, heart disease, and many autoimmune disorders. Here are five reasons why adopting the Gerson Diet -- or if you are already healthy, the official Gerson Guidelines for General Nutrition -- may be the right choice for your health:
1) The Gerson Diet promotes full-body detoxification. When Dr. Gerson first came up with the Gerson Diet, his intention was to develop a natural solution to cure his chronic migraine headaches. But in the process, he discovered that the foods and nutrients used in the protocol also address the underlying causes of a number of other health conditions, including his own skin tuberculosis. From there, Dr. Gerson's research led him to the discovery that his diet, which he steadily built upon and improved over the course of many years, mitigated other conditions like lung tuberculosis, kidney failure, and of course, cancer. (http://gerson.org/gerpress/dr-max-gerson/)
A key component of the Gerson Diet, and the primary reason why it works so well for so many people, is its powerful ability to detoxify the body. Because the regimen involves loading up on nutrient-dense foods, as well as fresh, enzyme-rich juice blends, cells throughout the body cannot help but shed the toxins they have built up over the course of many years. And because the Gerson Diet involves the regular use of coffee enemas, the colon, liver, kidneys, and other vital organs are all continually cleansed of the junk that is flushed out from the diet itself.
You can view the official food list for the Gerson Diet here:
2) The Gerson Diet incorporates all-natural, all-organic foods. As you will notice, everything on the Gerson Diet food list is low in sodium, fats, and proteins, and there are no meats permitted. While such a diet may not be necessary or even healthy for a person without an existing debilitating health condition, it can work exceptionally well for those with specific health conditions that are known to respond well to the treatment. You can view a list of these conditions here:
For healthy individuals, you may want to consider adopting the modified diet outlined as part of the Guidelines for General Nutrition from the Gerson Perspective: http://gerson.org
The important thing to note about the Gerson Diet is that everything included in the protocol is completely natural and organic, and there are no drugs or other synthetic treatments involved. This is why the Gerson Diet is so versatile and easy for many people to incorporate into their lives -- if you can prepare vegetable dishes and use a juicer, you can take on the Gerson Diet.
3) The Gerson Diet delivers quick nutrition in biodynamic form. A significant portion of the Gerson Diet involves juicing several times a day, the purpose of which is to flood the body with nutrients in their most absorbable and biodynamic forms. When all is said and done between the juicing and meal preparation, an individual on the Gerson Diet will consume the equivalent of between 15 and 20 pounds of organically-grown fruits and vegetables every day, which illustrates the immense nutritional volume consumed as part of the diet.
Patients with severe health conditions will often consume as many as 13 fresh juices daily, which continually oxygenate the blood throughout the day, stimulate the metabolism, and of course, promote detoxification. When combined with biological potassium, Lugol's iodine, vitamin B-12, thyroid hormone, and pancreatic enzymes, all of which are included as part of the regimen, the juices and meals consumed for the diet provide incredible nutrition in its most bioavailable form. (http://gerson.org/gerpress/the-gerson-therapy/)
4) The Gerson Diet can help treat and cure a variety of chronic illnesses. Since the Gerson Diet does not involve the use of pharmaceutical drugs and is 100 percent nutrition-based, its healing potential is diverse and nearly limitless. Melanoma, lymphoma, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, Duke's C colorectal cancer, Systemic Lupus Erythematosis, diabetes, heart disease, liver failure, arthritis, allergies, and autoimmune disease all tend to respond well to the Gerson Diet, when followed in strict accordance with the Gerson Institute's guidelines, which you can learn more about here:
5) The Gerson Diet will not cost you an arm and a leg, and is completely safe. Perhaps the most attractive aspect of the Gerson Diet is that it is easy on the wallet. Besides the relatively modest costs associated with visiting a Gerson Clinic, all of which are located overseas due to the federal government's intolerance for alternative cancer treatment centers here in the U.S., the only real costs associated with the Gerson Diet are for the food. When compared to conventional cancer treatments, which can cost tens of thousands of dollars and even more, the Gerson Diet is a steal.
To learn more about the Gerson Diet, visit: http://gerson.org/gerpress/
If you are already healthy and would simply like to follow the Gerson Institute's guidelines for maintaining your health through diet, visit: http://gerson.org
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. Truth Publishing LLC takes sole responsibility for all content. Truth Publishing sells no hard products and earns no money from the recommendation of products. NaturalNews.com is presented for educational and commentary purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice from any licensed practitioner. Truth Publishing assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. For the full terms of usage of this material, visit www.NaturalNews.com/terms.shtml