(NaturalNews) Freedom is at the heart of American society, however, they lack one freedom that seems increasingly vital for a truly free society - the freedom to choose the health care of their choice. This freedom is being suppressed by state and federal agencies, as well as vested financial interests of the "medical/pharmaceutical complex" comprised of the conventional medical establishment and the multinational pharmaceutical companies. These groups have effectively hindered medical freedom for Americans.
How Americans' medical freedom is hindered
Despite the fact that conventional treatments are often ineffective, mask symptoms, and have serious side effects, people who look for better practices struggle to win the right to open access to many alternative practitioners and treatments. In recent decades:
• Government regulatory agencies have made a conscious effort to punish and harass medical professionals who recommend or practice nutritional and herbal medicine and other alternative therapies to maintain health and prevent illness.
• State medical boards have censured and revoked the licenses of conscientious physicians who practice alternative medicine, simply because the treatments are not conventional and do not conform to "standards of care". These actions are taken despite the fact that many of these treatments work.
• Insurance companies routinely refuse to pay for alternative treatments, calling them "unapproved therapies", regardless of the benefits received by the patients. This denies tens of millions of Americans their basic right to the health care of their choice.
• The general public has been denied free access to information regarding the documented health benefits of nutritional supplements and herbs by restrictive labeling regulations established by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This restriction of information comes despite the fact that large-scale independent studies have shown that Americans are suffering from nutritional deficits that could be corrected by dietary supplementation.
• Manufacturers of nutritional supplements and herbs, as well as health food stores, have been the target of FDA seizures in an attempt to block the manufacture and sale of numerous natural substances whose therapeutic effects have been scientifically validated.
These strong-arm tactics are being used despite the estimate of former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop that out of 2.1 million deaths a year in the U.S., 1.6 million are related to poor nutrition. The bias against alternative medicine on both the state and federal level has become clearly established and has links to the campaign of the medical establishment to squelch the emergence of alternative medicine in the United States.
If these tactics were not enough, along comes Obamacare, a system of mandatory health care that never even attempted to give consumers a free choice in their health care providers. There is not coverage of naturopathic medicine, herbal medicine, acupuncture, or nutritional therapies. The entire law is written around, and for, Big Pharma and the conventional "health care" industry, which uses collateral damage as its ideology through procedures such as chemotherapy, antibiotics, radiation, surgery, and vaccines.
So not only are American's being enslaved by this system, but now they are financially forced to pay for the privilege of being treated by the conventional medical establishment! This is a direct blow to medical freedom, and a blow to the health of the nation.
What many fail to realize, but are waking up to, is that health is not a matter of "luck". Illness doesn't just "strike" out of the blue with no warning and no cause. It is brought on by personal and often uninformed choices that can't be prevented or cured by coercion or mandatory health insurance.
If medical freedom ever has a hope to be established, governmental controls must be torn down, and alternative medicine given an equal opportunity. Only then can it be revealed which is the better method of healing the body.
Sources for this article include:
Trivieri, Larry. Alternative Medicine: The Definitive Guide. Ed. John W. Anderson. 2nd ed. Berkeley, CA: Celestial Arts, 2002.
About the author: Derek Henry took a deadly health challenge that conventional medicine couldn't solve and self-directed a one-in-a-million health journey that found him happier and healthier than he had been in his entire life. As a result of this rewarding journey, he now spends his time writing, coaching, and educating thousands of people each month who want to enjoy similar results under their own direction.
His signature online program, THRIVE, teaches people how to engineer their own health transformation, by addressing all the holistic factors that he utilized to create his own successful health story. Derek believes that anyone can create the health they desire with the right mentor, details, and motivation to be well.