(NaturalNews) The use of olive oil and olive leaves has been renowned for nutrition and health benefits for thousands of years. Olive leaf extract was traditionally used throughout the Mediterranean and Middle Eastern regions to treat wounds and infections. Olive leaf extract is one of the best ways to destroy dangerous pathogenic microbes and improve our microorganism count. This has been shown to be extremely effective in preventing colds and flus and improving immune health.
There are over 30 distinct polyphenols in freshly picked olive fruit and leaves that synergize when used in combination. The unique polyphenols oleuropein, hydroxytyrosol, caffeic acid and verbascoside are considered to be the most responsible for giving olive oil and olive leaf extract their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
These antioxidants are what also provide the distinctive tangy, pungent, almost bitter flavor that one experiences with high-quality extra-virgin olive oil. Olive leaf has 400 percent more antioxidants than vitamin C and double the antioxidants found in green tea.
Olive leaf extract and your immune system:
Olive leaf extract is a strong antiviral, because it interferes with the ability to produce amino acids that are essential for viral replication. It also prevents viral shedding, budding or assembly at the cell membrane. This keeps the virus from penetrating the outer surface and mutating the DNA of the cell. Olive leaf extract also has the ability to directly penetrate a virally infected cell and stop the viral replication process.
In vitro studies have found that olive leaf extract
is effective against over 50 common pathogenic organisms including viruses, bacteria, fungi and protozoa. This list includes herpes, influenza, polio, salmonella, candida and coxsackie A21. The famed biochemist Arnold Takemoto said, "I have yet to discover another herbal substance that accomplishes antimicrobially what this substance achieves."
Olive leaf inactivates pathogenic organisms:
Olive leaf extract has the ability to inactive pathogenic bacteria, yeast and viruses without harming the healthy microbes in our gut and mucous membranes. Medical antibiotics wipe out both good and bad microorganisms, which leads to a disastrous internal microbial environment. Olive leaf extract
acts as a powerful antimicrobial but selectively targets pathogenic strains.
According to Zest for Life, "Research indicates that olive leaf extract may be a true anti-viral compound, as it appears to selectively block an entire virus-specific system. Because of this, it may be useful when looking to fight influenza, the common cold, Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) and other viral infections."
Most effective uses of olive leaf extract:
- Seeped in hot water or made into a tea to treat bronchial asthma, pneumonia and bronchitis
- Helps reduce blood pressure and improve circulation
- Used as a breath freshener by destroying pathogens in the mouth and throat
- Improves intestinal and digestive symptoms
- Urinary tract infections, vaginal yeast, jock itch, ringworm, athlete's food
- Treats colds, flu's, Candida and other major infections
Great uses for olive oil:
Sources for this article include:http://www.about-olive-leaf-extract.comhttp://www.lef.orghttp://www.naturalnews.comhttp://www.naturalnews.comhttp://science.naturalnews.comhttp://science.naturalnews.comAbout the author:
- As a salad dressing to get it into our daily diet
- Applied to the scalp at night with olive leaf extract to prevent hair loss and get rid of dandruff
- Taken orally with lemon juice to remove gall stones and improve kidney function.
- Olive oil and olive leaves are used for a variety of different health challenges. Olive leaves are used for stomach and intestinal diseases
- Taken as a natural and healthy laxative
- Applied on the skin to act as an emollient and skin moisturizer
Dr. David Jockers owns and operates Exodus Health Center in Kennesaw, Ga. He is a Maximized Living doctor. His expertise is in weight loss, customized nutrition & exercise, & structural corrective chiropractic care. For more information go to www.drjockers.com
To find a Maximized Living doctor near you go to www.maximizedliving.com
Dr. Jockers is also available for long distance phone consultations to help you beat disease and reach your health goals