(NaturalNews) Did you know that working out your Kegel muscles can prevent urinary incontinence and make your sex life amazing? Kegel exercises work out your pelvic floor muscles, which control urine flow as well as sexual functioning. They are in both men and women and are known as the pubococcygeal muscles (PC muscles). The name Kegel comes from Dr. Arnold Kegel who studied these muscle fibers which are located between the anus and the pubic bone.
So why are Kegel muscles important to your health and sex life?
Kegel muscles help control the bladder, urethra, vaginal walls, penis, uterus, rectum and support your diaphragm. They can negatively affect your health when they become lax and lose strength. This occurs especially in women after childbirth or after they have had a hysterectomy; however, it affects both men and women as we age.
The ways that doing Kegel exercises can help improve your health
• PC muscle exercises help to support the bladder and strengthening them prevents urine leakage that often occurs during sneezing, laughing, coughing and physical exertion such as running or straining.
• Kegel exercise helps to keep your diaphragm (thoracic diaphragm) in place and provides it with support which in turn aids in breathing through the lungs.
• Doing Kegel exercise helps to reduce both vaginal and penile infections as well as increases sex drive and functioning by bringing increased blood flow to the genitals.
• Working the PC muscles improves how tight the vaginal walls are as well as how hard they can contract during sexual activity. It is why many women begin doing them after childbirth and as they age.
• Men benefit in having more control over ejaculation during sex by having stronger PC muscles. It is particularly effective in addressing mild premature ejaculation and allows men to last longer during sex.
• Having strong Kegel muscles increases the intensity of orgasms.
What are the benefits of kegel exercisers?
For those that desire to significantly improve the strength of the Kegel muscles there are a variety of Kegel exercise tools that add weight and resistance for women in particular. Think of it like building any other muscle on your body; while you do not need weights to have firm muscles, when you want to increase strength they can be quite practical. Women who use them have found that they do effectively tighten the vaginal walls, increase sex drive and provide increased pleasure during orgasms.
What Kegel exercisers are best?
The Kegel exercisers that work best for one person may not work as well for another as it depends on the current strength of your PC muscles and your goals. Here are a few factors to consider:
• The smaller the size of the Kegel balls the more control you will have to exhibit to hold them in, so if you are just beginning it is best to start with larger ones.
• The weight of Kegel exercisers increases the more advanced you become in controlling your PC muscles. The heavier they are the more strength you will need to hold them, thus the heavier they are the more they are for advanced users.
• Many women use Kegel exercisers by wearing them during the day. However, they can also be used manually by doing a tug of war exercise with them.
• Make sure that you only purchase Kegel exercisers that are phthalate-free.