(NaturalNews) So far homeschooling is legal in all 50 states. Some states require no monitoring, some moderate oversight, and a few require close supervision by testing. Here's a color-coded-by-state map that indicates those different levels of acceptance (http://www.hslda.org/laws/).
While the public education system has rapidly worsened, homeschooling support and educational tools have increased and improved.
Reasons for home schooling
(1) Public or private school group rote learning doesn't inspire creative, free, or critical thinking. If large classes have to be on the same page, literally, those who learn faster are held back by those who are slower. Rote memorization does not lead to true understanding.
(2) The public educational system is a tool for socializing and indoctrinating kids into whatever the currently accepted standards of behavior are. Lately, those standards have begun to approach depravity at their worst or condition everyone lockstep into "politically correct" ideals at their best.
(3) Even well-intentioned teachers are fettered with administrative tasks, required texts, and overcrowded classrooms. Home schooling eliminates those issues. You can determine children's actual educational interests and let them focus on them at their pace, whether fast or slow, to truly learn and master their interests.
Nothing motivates deeper understanding at a faster-than-"normal" pace than self-motivated strong interest or enthusiasm. Interrupting that interest frequently only because a bell rings requiring one to move into a totally uninspiring subject is frustrating.
(4) Home schooling can help you protect your children from required vaccinations and enforced psychotropic "medications". There are many concerns of how children cope with the drudgery of forced institutional education by resorting to illegal drugs or prescription drubs obtained illegally.
But greater dangers are institutionally enforced vaccinations with vast adverse side effect potentials and no health benefits. Then there is the risk of mandatory harmful pharmaceuticals to "socialize" children that are too frisky or too bored to focus.
(5) It takes too many years for most institutionally schooled kids to learn reading and writing skills, basic grammar, and math. It should take only a few months to learn each of these basic items for most. Today, too many high school graduates are lacking in those basic literacy skills
For example, institutionally schooled children are usually not disciplined with using a dictionary for words not understood or misunderstood when understanding what they read gets foggy. Once a foundation of basic literacy is established, real learning of vital subjects can proceed.
(6) Robert Kennedy Jr. once quipped, "Americans are over entertained and under informed." You can help switch that around by exposing your children to texts and videos that are not allowed throughout all the grades of public education.
How much about the real banking system is taught in high school? When are kids even instructed about checks and credit cards? What about real history and critical social commentary? What about natural health information that's not publicized by mainstream media?
Exposing your kids to those "outside" text commentaries and video documentaries will deepen awareness and understanding for you, the teacher, as well. Your role would be to encourage a desire for your child to learn more on his or her own.
(7) A vastly superior educational approach, the Montessori method, was available but ignored. It provided a platform of flexibility that accommodated individual needs. It wasn't suitable for centralized social engineering. Small private Montessori schools are scattered about, but they require parental deep pockets.
Instead, the educational system decision to ensure social engineering took hold. John Taylor Gatto, author of Dumbing Us Down: The Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Schooling and Weapons of Mass Instruction: A Schoolteacher's Journey Through the Dark World of Compulsory Schooling ended his blistering analytical indictment of the educational system with his acceptance speech for the 1990 NYC Teacher of the Year award with:
"Experts in education have never been right, their "solutions" are expensive, self-serving, and always involve further centralization. Enough. Time for a return to democracy, individuality, and family. I've said my piece. Thank you." (complete speech text below)
Even if you can only contribute a portion of your time for home schooling, it would be time well spent for you and your family.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com