(NaturalNews) Broccoli is considered to be one of the most nutritious vegetables that can offer numerous health benefits. This is the main reason why there is a huge increase in the number of people who tend to include this on their daily diet. But everyone should be aware of the fact that maximizing the health benefits of this vegetable is very possible if they take just the right amount of it and cook it the right way. It was reported that broccoli also comes with components that may harm the body so everyone is advised to first determine how this is safely cooked to ensure that they get their desired benefits.
The proven wonders of broccoli
Broccoli contains a substantial amount of nutrients that are extremely good for health including vitamins A, C, folic acid, fiber and calcium. This cruciferous vegetable has also become popular because of its ability to offer the following health benefits:
1. Prevents cancer. Broccoli is rich in glucoraphanin which can be processed by the human body into a kind of compound capable of preventing cancer. It works by eliminating H. pylori from a human body which is known as a bacterium that triggers gastric cancer. The vegetable is also rich in indole-3-carbinol which is an extremely powerful antioxidant. Anti-carcinogen properties are also present in broccoli and these are effective in hindering the development of prostate, cervical and breast cancer while also improving liver health.
2. Maintains a healthier nervous system. This can be attributed to its high potassium content. This works not only in maintaining a healthier nervous system but also in allowing the human brain to function optimally. It also works in promoting the regular growth of muscles.
3. Regulates blood pressure. This is possible because of the presence of magnesium, calcium and potassium in broccoli.
4. Reduces cholesterol. The vegetable contains a huge amount of soluble fiber which is proven to be effective in drawing out cholesterol from the body.
5. A great addition to your diet. For those who are dieting, broccoli can be a perfect addition to their diet plans. This is rich in fiber which prevents digestive problems and constipation, curbs overeating and maintains a lower and healthier level of blood sugar.
Understanding the possible health risks of broccoli
Broccoli; however, also comes with components that are harmful to the body so everyone is still advised to watch their intake of it. For those who are taking blood thinning medications, the excessive intake of broccoli is not a wise move since it may interfere with the medications, thereby increasing their risk of suffering from stroke. Eating over one to two cups of broccoli a day may also increase the chances of dealing with kidney stones.
It should also be noted that the manner through which the vegetable is cooked can impact its ability to provide the right level of nutrition. Eating raw broccoli is the best way to get all its offered nutrients. Cooking it using a low cooking and steaming temperature for approximately five minutes also works in retaining its nutrients.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com