(NaturalNews) For those of you following the ongoing drama of gun control, Piers Morgan and the Second Amendment, there have been some important developments today in Texas:
• Piers Morgan (CNN) announced that he would be broadcasting live from Katy, Texas, from Tactical Firearms
, one of the largest gun retailers and shooting ranges in the nation.
• Minutes later, Alex Jones alerted his nationwide radio audience to the situation, and based on incorrect information that had been given to him about Jeremy Alcede (the owner of Tactical Firearms) supporting an online ammo ban, Alex described Tactical Firearms on the air using language that implied Alcede supported new restrictions on the Second Amendment.
• This information was incorrect. Alex appropriately reversed himself on air, in the last few minutes of the show, correcting his earlier statements. InfoWars.com has since posted a detailed article
with the correction and additional details on tonight's CNN broadcast from Katy, TX.
• I personally spoke with Jeremy Alcede a few minutes ago, and he explained that his statement on ammo was "selectively edited" from a recorded interview he had done. The selective editing mischaracterized his statement, playing it out of context and creating a false impression. For the record, Alcede is very much pro Second Amendment and absolutely does not support any new restrictions on firearms magazines, ammo sales or gun sales.
• (Many internet pundits will argue this point, but I just talked to the man
and he confirmed with me that he does not, in any way, support compromises on the Second Amendment.)
• Alex Jones and crew are right now on their way to Katy, TX (roughly a 2-hour drive from Austin), where Alex reportedly plans to bullhorn Piers Morgan.
• When I spoke to Jeremy Alcede a few minutes ago, he said his parking lot was "crawling with media from all over," with satellite uplinks, media trucks, and huge crowds of supporters starting to gather. He told me on the phone that Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott appeared to be arriving, but this was not confirmed and it might be incorrect.
• Outspoken firearms rights advocate Ted Nugent is scheduled to show, and also Libertarian-leaning Texas Senator Ted Cruz who recently won a hard-fought election.
I have additional inside information about the history of Tactical Firearms and Jeremy Alcede, and I can assure you this man is not a gun grabber. He's a committed, passionate supporter of the Second Amendment and individual liberty. Those who are accusing him of compromising on gun control are simply misinformed.
Piers Morgan has increasingly invited gun rights advocates to appear on his show because it's the only thing keeping his ratings up
. Morgan, whose audience is but a shadow of Larry King's, famously attacked Larry Pratt on air, calling him a "stupid man." He was then attacked himself by Alex Jones who lashed out at him in a now-famous tirade defending Second Amendment liberties and warning about the pattern of history where tyrants like Hitler, Stalin and Mao always "took the guns."
The showdown in Katy, Texas begins in mere hours from the time of this publication. Given the wild card element of Alex Jones showing up with a bullhorn, plus hundreds of gun rights supporters filling the parking lot of the facility, it's anybody's guess what's actually going to happen. But make no mistake: Texans are NOT giving up their guns, period.
Ain't gonna happen. And any government foolish enough to try to take guns from Texans is going to find itself on a collision course with a new chapter of American history.
About the author: Mike Adams is a consumer health advocate and award-winning journalist with a mission to teach personal and planetary health to the public He has authored more than 1,800 articles and dozens of reports, guides and interviews on natural health topics, and he is well known as the creator of popular downloadable preparedness programs on financial collapse, emergency food storage, wilderness survival and home defense skills. Adams is an independent journalist with strong ethics who does not get paid to write articles about any product or company. In 2010, Adams created TV.NaturalNews.com, a natural living video sharing site featuring thousands of user videos on foods, fitness, green living and more. He also founded an environmentally-friendly online retailer called BetterLifeGoods.com that uses retail profits to help support consumer advocacy programs. He's also the founder and CEO of a well known email mail merge software developer whose software, 'Email Marketing Director,' currently runs the NaturalNews email subscriptions. Adams volunteers his time to serve as the executive director of the Consumer Wellness Center, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and enjoys outdoor activities, nature photography, Pilates and martial arts training. He's also author of numerous health books published by Truth Publishing and is the creator of several consumer-oriented grassroots campaigns, including the Spam. Don't Buy It! campaign, and the free downloadable Honest Food Guide. He also created the free reference sites HerbReference.com and HealingFoodReference.com. Adams believes in free speech, free access to nutritional supplements and the ending of corporate control over medicines, genes and seeds. Known by his callsign, the 'Health Ranger,' Adams posts his missions statements, health statistics and health photos at www.HealthRanger.org
Have comments on this article? Post them here:
people have commented on this article.