(NaturalNews) Now that this long holiday season is over, it's time to review our resolutions or contemplate how we should begin working toward changing our bad health habits into good ones. If you haven't made any resolutions yet, or if you're questioning the integrity of what you've considered, here are seven suggestions (with subdivisions).
(1) Are you eating meat? Try eating less. But when you do, make sure it's from humanely treated grass fed livestock and not factory farms that use CAFO (confined animal feeding operations). The higher prices may slow down your meat consumption, which is not a bad thing.
You won't be supporting the animal cruelty of factory farming. And you won't be eating unhealthy meat products from livestock fed GMO grains instead of grazing on grass, injected with hormones to make them fatter faster, and antibiotics to contain the infectious diseases fermenting in the filth of their miserable, confined quarters.
(2) Eat more organic fruits and vegetables, especially greens. Eat raw sometimes; steam lightly when you cook. When you eat, chew more, talk less, and don't stress. Practice this until it becomes a habit. Consider adding enzyme supplements to aid digestion.
(3) Buy a masticating juicer and juice one to three times a week. Then try an occasional juice fast of three days or more. Another option is to juice fast once a week often.
(4) Avoid packaged and processed foods. Buy bulk produce and grains and breads from trusted bakeries that don't use bromide in the baking process. Avoid the "convenience" of drive-throughs.
Keep some raw nuts and dried fruits or trail mix and fresh fruit in your car instead. Stay away from aspartame laced products, such as diet sodas and chewing gum.
(5) Realize that gut health includes but goes beyond digestion, which is important. Intestinal flora also controls most of your immune system response and affects your moods.
Learn how to make fermented foods and beverages that will enhance your intestinal flora's beneficial bacteria. At least invest in a good probiotic supplement.
Add more magnesium to your diet with foods and supplements. Westerners are magnesium deficient while taking in too much calcium. That's a ratio for disaster in many ways for many organs. Magnesium is the master mineral involved in over 300 metabolic functions.
Ignore the fats are bad for you scam. Learn which fats are healthy and the importance of omega-3 fats. You need to balance those omega-6 fats with omega-3 fats. Our brain tissues are mostly fats, so is the myelin sheathing of our nerves that helps transmit impulses easily. Without cholesterol our bodies can't begin to convert sunlight to vitamin D3.
(6) Don't use toxic household cleaners and cosmetics. If you live in an area that fluoridates tap water, don't drink that toxic stuff. If you can't afford your own reverse-osmosis system, grab some large containers and fill up cheaply from machines in almost any food store that use both carbon filtering and reverse osmosis.
(7) Everybody talks about exercising more each new year. But this time consider a type of exercise that gives you more energy instead of wearing yourself out. Hatha yoga, chi-gong, tai-chi, rebounding, and walking outdoors in nature are energizing and regenerative. Meditation may lead to more and more benefits mentally, spiritually, and even physically.
If you're concerned about being isolated as a health nut or food elitist after some of this, try getting involved with a local community activity, such as a Weston A. Price Foundation regional chapter, or activist group campaigning against fluoridation or GMOs.
Check the sources below for more information, and visit Narural News daily this year.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com