(NaturalNews) True wellness is comprehensive. It includes three basic aspects of influence: Body, mental/emotional, and spiritual. All three need to be balanced for anyone to achieved true wellness.
There are several different approaches to full wellness, and spiritual/emotional wellness enhances physical/mental wellness as well.
Approaching true total wellness
(1) The basic Buddhist principle of being kind to all sentient beings can be a constant daily practice that helps you develop compassion for all life, including your own. You can first focus on the emotional level of sentience, which includes animals and humans.
This is not an attempt to convert anyone to Buddhism. Actually, this principle is basic to the Golden Rule and helps overcome anger, self loathing, laziness, fear, envy, greed, lust, and self pity.
After developing a sincere level of compassion for all sentient (feeling) animals and humans, you can develop a reverence for all of life and consciousness. This has to come from the heart. It can't be fake, and it has to include yourself. Spiritual wellness boosts mental and physical health also.
(2) Mindfulness is essential for practicing kindness and compassion. Denial is not being aware of your own negative thoughts and feelings to avoid taking responsibility. Responsibility is not blame.
Also, realize sometimes what others consider negative may be appropriate for a present circumstance. If you can drop it, it may be appropriate. If something continues to eat at you after the circumstance drops away, that emotion needs work.
(3) Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), commonly known as "tapping," they are handy tricks that work for many to alleviate unwanted emotions or states of being.
Acupressure points on the upper body and hands are tapped a few times as often as you need. Some accompany the tapping with a statement of acceptance or thought that chooses the opposite of whatever you are experiencing.
(4) Get physical for mind/body/spiritual health with Hatha Yoga, which has variations you can explore after getting the basics. Source  below is one basic example. But you can learn variations and do shorter sessions.
The corpse pose or savasana is deceptively simple but takes practice to fully experience its incredible lightness of being and relaxation. It's the last pose in any series, and it's importance is often overlooked.
Actually, a hatha yoga series' benefits won't be realized fully if savasana is skimped. Source  explains it very well.
(5) If our vitamin consumer rights get restricted in the future, you'll be glad your familiar with hatha yoga or chi-gong.
Chi-gong is a subtle, energetic approach using slow, easy physical movements or positions to get you in touch with the chi, the subtle energy that envelops the body and runs through those meridians acupuncturists use.
Chi-gong can actually be curative. This was demonstrated in a large "medicine-less hospital" in China from 1988 to 2001 where people experiencing all sorts of ailments healed themselves using chi-gong without any special diet or herbal medicines. (http://www.naturalnews.com/028162_Qigong_energy_healing.html)
(6) Avoid food additives, GMOs, refined sugars and carbohydrates, MSG, artificial sweeteners, and corn syrup or HFCS, and factory farmed dairy and meat. Eat mostly organic relaxed at home, avoid eating out often, chew food well, and don't eat too much.
Moderate exercise, even brisk walking or lightly jumping on a mini-trampoline is sufficient exercise for non-jocks. Feeling healthy physically is a foundation for mental and spiritual health and true total wellness.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com