(NaturalNews) Our Natural News Store has only been open for three weeks, but we've managed to raise enough money to write a $10,000 check to Proposition 37. And today, that's our official announcement: $10,000 donation is being made today to the YES on 37 campaign.
This donation, which is admittedly tiny compared to the millions donated by Monsanto and other pesticide companies to the NO on 37 campaign, is only small part of the Natural News effort to demand honest labeling of our foods. Some other activities we've done to support GMO labeling include:
• Releasing TWO music videos about GMOs. #1) Just Say No to GMO
, and #2) Just Label It
• Providing almost daily editorial coverage of GMOs on our website
• Repeatedly interviewing Jeffrey Smith, Ronnie Cummins, Stacy Malkan about GMOs and Proposition 37. You can view these interviews on TV.naturalnews.com
• Posting news about GMOs and Prop 37 to all our social networks: Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Sending out GMO alerts to our email list on a regular basis.
• Calling for donations to the YES on 37 campaign
• I have personally donated another $1,000 to the campaign from my own personal funds.
• Conducting investigative journalism exposing health food stores that are not only selling unlabeled GMOs
, but whose employees are actually lying to the public about it.
• Calling for boycotts against the dishonest food companies that are funneling money into the "No on 37" campaign.
And there's more coming, too! Regardless of the outcome of Proposition 37
, we absolutely will not stop these efforts until GMOs banished from North America
We will continue to make donations, release music videos, write articles and educate people about the truth. No matter how much money they spend on lies and disinformation, even Monsanto cannot stop the inevitable grassroots victory now emerging on this crucial issue.
Thank you for your continued support of Natural News
, and rest assured that we will continue to fight for honest labels and the elimination of toxic GMOs from our food and animal feed.
For the record, Whole Foods may be coming around on this issue. There are signs that the retailer is throwing some real weight behind Proposition 37. We'll assess this in more detail between now and election day.