(NaturalNews) Our modern lifestyle has created unprecedented levels of tooth decay in both children and adults. According to Weston A. Price, a dentist who researched the link between diet and tooth decay, the modern diet is lacking important fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins A and D, as well as a substance known as "Activator X." By making adjustments to dietary habits, dental health can be improved so that teeth can develop healthy, strong and decay-free.
Nutrient deficiencies and the health of children's teeth
Dr. Edward Mellanby researched the connection between vitamin D deficiency and rickets, and discovered that when fat-soluble vitamins are deficient, a person is more likely to develop rickets. Additionally, he found that these fat-soluble vitamins affect bone development. In her own research, Mellanby's wife May uncovered the fact that when these important nutrients are missing, teeth may easily break, decay, and de-mineralize. But if those important nutrients are returned to the diet, mineralization of the teeth may improve, reversing the previous trends. Dr. Price and Dr. Mellanby's research prove that diet plays an important role in dental health, and that being fed a poor diet can be harmful, particularly to children. Parents don't always understand the negative effects of the foods their children are eating, and so mistakenly feed their children popular, processed foods lacking the essential nutrients essential to good health.
A healthy diet for healthy teeth
If your child is experiencing tooth decay and other dental problems, it is important to change their diet, because these problems are due to nutritional deficiencies. Even for children
not experiencing tooth decay, it is important to follow a healthy diet in order to avoid a multitude of health problems associated with nutritional deficiencies. A program outlined in "Cure Tooth Decay" goes into detail about the types of foods that should be included in order to correct these nutritional deficiencies:
- Use a quality supplement: fermented cod liver oil. This supplement provides healthy levels of vitamin D, and is a natural source of this important fat-soluble vitamin.
- Get Activator X by using yellow butter which comes from grass-fed cows. Alternately, a high-quality butter oil concentrate can be used. If a concentrate is used, be sure it comes from a quality source.
- Include grass-fed, raw milk daily with meals. Raw milk may be hard to find, so raw cow or goat cheese can be used instead, as long as it comes from grass-fed animals.
- Avoid whole grain products, which can actually be toxic to the body. Consuming whole grains on a regular basis can actually cause cavities to develop in children. Replace those grains with better options such as white rice, masa harina, and sourdough bread made with unbleached flour.
- Include more foods rich in vitamin C, such as broccoli or sauerkraut, or use a high-quality vitamin C concentrate powder as a supplement.
Simple changes make a big difference
Even though it may seem overwhelming to make these changes, parents who commit to a healthier eating style can affect the health of the entire family. Children depend on their parents to learn nutritional values, and making dietary changes is an effective way to slow down tooth decay and re-mineralize the decaying teeth of their children.Sources for this article include
:http://www.curetoothdecay.com/Dentistry/weston_price_dentist.htmhttp://www.westonaprice.orghttp://www.nndb.com/people/091/000275263/About the author:
Ramiel Nagel is the internationally published author of Cure Tooth Decay
and Healing Our Children.
"Cure Tooth Decay" teaches you how to remineralize cavities and repair teeth naturally with real food. Sign-Up to receive a free chapter of "Cure Tooth Decay," and 27 free natural tooth health lessons.
"Healing Our Children
" explains the true causes of disease conditions of pregnancy and childhood so that you can avoid and prevent them. It provides essential natural health programs so that mothers and their new babies can optimize their health during the times of preconception, pregnancy, lactation and early childhood. Receive a free chapter of Healing Our Children
Featured Reading:A Program for preconception health based on indigenous wisdom. The cause of disease and the end of suffering of humanity.