(NaturalNews) Who says you have to use dairy products or eggs to make a delicious "ice cream"? Or sugar? This completely vegan recipe is super easy and fast to make as well as healthy and oh so yummy. The ice cream recipe doesn't call for much of the non-dairy milks. Play around with it and you will soon learn just how much non-dairy milk you need. As an added plus, you can thin the recipe down a bit and make a delicious all-vegan "shake." Use the accompanying recipe for classic sweet almond milk for a super healthy version of this recipe. Enjoy!
Best ever all-vegan 'ice cream'
Ingredients (use vegan versions):
- One cup of frozen fruit, such as strawberries, peaches or blueberries
- One medium to large sliced and frozen banana
- Raw, organic honey or vegan maple syrup to taste
- Coconut, almond or rice milk to preferred consistency
- Slice your bananas and place in a baggy before freezing. If your fruit choice is peaches or a similar fruit, slice and freeze the same as the bananas.
- Use a food processor to blend the fruits and make the mixture creamy. If the fruit does not blend well at first, add 1/4 cup of the non-dairy milk at the beginning.
- If need be, the mix can be chilled for several minutes to harden.
- For easier mixing, blend the honey or maple syrup with your non-dairy milk prior to adding it in with the other ingredients.
- Always freeze any left over peaches or bananas.
For a chunkier version, cut some of the frozen fruit in bits and add after you have blended the ice
cream. You can also add healthy almonds, pecans or walnuts for a nutty version. For a healthy and crunchy version, add wheat germ on the top when you put the ice cream in bowls.Healthy notes:
For the very healthiest recipe, use organic ingredients as much as possible. Do NOT use soy milk
, despite the soy industry's false promotions about soy milk being healthy. Chances are that it contains GMO soy and many believe that non-fermented soy is unhealthy even if it is not made with GMO soy.
Serves two to three.
Classic sweet almond milk
Enjoy this classic recipe for delicious, healthy and sweet almond milk.Ingredients:
- One cup of raw, organic almonds
- Three cups of pure, non-chlorinated water
- One medjool date* or one tablespoon of raw, organic honey
- Place the almonds and water in a blender and blend on high speed until the nuts are completely broken and almond milk is created.
- Strain the almond milk through a fine sieve or a nut milk bag into a bowl or other container. Save the pulp for a dessert recipe, for dehydrating into almond flour, or for compost.
- Rinse the blender and add back in the strained nut milk.
- Add sweetener and blend.
- Taste test for sweetness and add more if required.
Serve and enjoy!Tips:
Add one teaspoon of vanilla extract or half a vanilla bean to create vanilla milk.
Add a fingernail sized scraping of coconut butter for a creamier, richer flavor.
Makes about four cups.
* Medjool dates
are exceptionally large, sweet dates which are often referred to as the "king of dates" or the "crown jewel of dates." Medjool dates are available at Middle Eastern and specialty grocers and are also widely available online. If you are unable to obtain medjool dates, you can substitute one to two regular sweet dates - but note that the medjool dates are well worth the effort of finding.Sources:http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-medjool-dates.htmhttp://www.tbyil.com/All_Vegan_Ice_Cream.htmhttp://www.tbyil.com/Sweet_Almond_Milk.htmAbout the author:
"See more articles by Tony Isaacs
Tony Isaacs, is a natural health author, advocate and researcher who hosts The Best Years in Life
website for those who wish to avoid prescription drugs and mainstream managed illness and live longer, healthier and happier lives naturally. Mr. Isaacs is the author of books and articles about natural health, longevity and beating cancer including "Cancer's Natural Enemy
" and is working on a major book project due to be published later this year. He is also a contributing author for the worldwide advocacy group "SANEVax Inc
" which endeavors to uncover the truth about HPV and other vaccine dangers.
Mr. Isaacs also hosts the Yahoo Oleandersoup group
of over 2600 members and the Utopia Silver Supplement Company
and he and his partner Luella May recently began hosting The Best Years in Life Radio Show
" on Wolf Spirit Radio.
Have comments on this article? Post them here:
people have commented on this article.