(NaturalNews) In the current episode of Mental Health Exposed
, we enter the world of Leo Babauta, one of the most popular personal development bloggers today. Leo has an uncommon, laser focus on how to simplify your life, let go of unwanted habits and get more done with less distraction.Zen Habits
is one of the most visited blogs on the Internet with 240,000 subscribers, and covers simplifying, living frugally, parenting, happiness, motivation, eliminating debt, saving, eating healthily, successfully implementing good habits, and achieving goals. In 2009 and 2010, Time Magazine
named Zen Habits one of the Top 25 blogs.
Why so popular? Leo's message of focus and simplicity is one we desperately need in the age of the Internet. Today, there are more distractions than ever, more stress and more opportunity to end up chasing your tail, and not feeling like your life has direction and purpose.
Leo has also developed an unconventional, hyper-effective method for changing unwanted habits.
He is also the author of several bestselling practical books, including The Power of Less: The Fine Art of Limiting Yourself to the Essential, in Business and in Life
, as well as focus: a simplicity manifesto in the age of distraction
, which we will discuss in detail on the show
Here are some more things to listen for on this episode of Mental Health Exposed:
• Just how obsessed people have gotten over the Internet. The American Psychiatric Association is even considering launching a new mental illness related to logging on too much.
• Leo's unconventional approach to changing your daily habits
that can transform your entire life over time. Leo's approach to habit change makes real growth accessible.
• Focus: how to cut out the non essential distractions, particularly online distractions that don't add real value to your life, so that you end up spending your time on things that are fulfilling.
• Getting things done - redefining the meaning of productivity, away from busy work and toward getting the most important things done.
• The most important 30 minutes of your day. We introduce this concept as a way to identify the real leverage activities you must do to center yourself and have the most balanced, peaceful day possible, each and every day.
• What I like most about what Leo said on the show is that he wants to raise questions and awareness about what we're doing with our lives.
Are you paying attention to what's most important in your life, or are you distracted from what is important?
My theory is that if you are attending to what is most important consistently, then you will get unmistakable results; you will be satisfied with your life. So, I came up with some questions that I'd like you, the listener, to answer by rating yourself on a scale of 1-10. If you are willing to do this, you will gain some insight into how pertinent Leo's message is.
Here they are. On a scale of 1-10:How fulfilled are you in your present life?
How satisfied are you with your level of self-discipline in all areas?
How connected are you (in real life) to the important people in your life?
If your life were to end today, would you be able to say you live it fully?
If you rated yourself honestly and with flying colors, chances are you are not distracted from what is important and that you are very much in control of your personal habits. Leo's message will affirm what you already know and add some useful insights or tips to continue your journey.
If you gave yourself less than flying colors, chances are learning more about going simplicity and focus will do wonders for you.Listen
to this amazing and very, very useful episode of Mental Health Exposed on Natural News Radio.About the author:
Watch the free video The AHA! Process: An End to Self-Sabotage
and discover the lost keys to personal transformation and emotional well-being that have been suppressed by mainstream mental health for decades.
The information in this video
has been called the missing link
in mental health and personal development. In a world full of shallow, quick-fix techniques, second rate psychology and pharmaceutical takeovers, real solutions have become nearly impossible to find. Click here
to watch the presentation that will turn your world upside down.Mike Bundrant
is co-founder of the iNLP Center
and host of Mental Health Exposed
, a Natural News Radio program.Follow Mike on Facebook
for daily personal development tips.