(NaturalNews) The good news about the health benefits of green tea just keeps getting better, it seems. In just the last two years, we've published dozens of stories about green tea and its surprisingly wide range of health benefits (see below). And today, one of the most respected superfood companies in the health products industry has announced the launch of its own Boku Super Matcha Green Tea.
Full disclosure: This is an independent review. We have no financial ties to this product and receive no compensation from its purchase.
Boku Super Matcha Green Tea is a "whole leaf" premium green tea that's also 100% USDA organic and grown only in Japan. It is completely non-GMO (of course), grown entirely without pesticides, and is routinely tested to ensure no contamination with fluoride, radiation or heavy metals of any kind.
The Boku website for this product line is: BokuGreenTea.com
I was sent a sample of this product to try, and although I normally don't drink much tea, I found this blend to be extremely rich, full-bodied and even emotionally expanding / uplifting. It's no wonder this is a "ceremonial" blend, as the active phytochemicals in green tea are well known to positively impact mood and brain function (see below).
One word of caution: There is caffeine in all green tea. At first, I made the mistake of drinking this sample on an empty stomach and I received an unwanted caffeine surge (I don't normally drink any caffeine, so I'm very sensitive to it). I have since learned to blend it into my chocolate avocado smoothies where the caffeine is slowly released over roughly 6 hours.
Through March 15th, you can try Boku Super Matcha Green Tea at 20% off, plus you'll get free shipping (continental USA only) when you also try another Boku food items such as their Super Food Bars, Boku Super Protein or Boku Super Food. There's no coupon code needed. Take advantage of this at BokuGreenTea.com
How is "Matcha" green tea different from common brewed green tea?
The different is like night and day. Here are some of the highlights:
• Gram for gram, Matcha Green Tea has over 500% more antioxidants than goji berries. It is one of the highest ORAC-value superfoods known on the planet. It is also 1000% higher in antioxidants than pomegranates and blueberries.
• Matcha Green Tea has roughly 10 times the nutritional potency of brewed green tea. So that store-bought "green tea" beverage you previously tried is probably a mere shadow of what ceremonial green tea delivers in terms of nutrition.
• Matcha Green Tea is well known to boost mood, enhance concentration and improve cognitive function. This is part of the reason it has been used ceremonially throughout the Far East.
• Matcha Green Tea is very high in natural antioxidants that help prevent free radical cell damage. Match Green Tea is made using the "whole leaf" of the plant, so it's higher in chlorophyll, minerals and phytonutrients than teas made without using the whole leaf.
• Matcha Green Tea is a healthy replacement for coffee. Yes, it has caffeine in it, so it should always be used mindfully, but it has far higher nutritional potency than coffee while still delivering the mental focus people have come to expect from coffee.
• Matcha Green Tea is slowly stone-ground at very low temperatures. This helps leave its rich phytonutrients intact.
Take advantage of their 20% off discount through March 15th -- something they have offered exclusively to NaturalNews readers during the new launch of their product line. Their Matcha Green Tea is in stock and ready to ship at www.BokuGreenTea.com
What does the scientific literature say about the health benefits of green tea?
Here at NaturalNews, we've published dozens of articles about the health benefits of green tea. The scientific literature just keeps pouring out.
Below, I've gathered a list of some of the most recent headlines on green tea for you to research on your own. As you browse these headlines, keep in mind the following:
• None of this research was conducted on Boku Matcha Green Tea. In fact, nearly all the green tea research I've seen was conducted using low-grade green tea that hardly even compares to the nutritional potency of Boku's green tea. So the results cited in the research below cannot be assumed to automatically apply to Boku's green tea.
• The following list is in no way intended to mean that Boku Matcha Green Tea is a cure for any disease or health condition mentioned below. Boku's green tea is a natural superfood, not a drug.
Here are the NaturalNews headlines where you can read more about green tea:
In addition to his lab work, Adams is also the (non-paid) executive director of the non-profit Consumer Wellness Center (CWC), an organization that redirects 100% of its donations receipts to grant programs that teach children and women how to grow their own food or vastly improve their nutrition. Click here to see some of the CWC success stories.
With a background in science and software technology, Adams is the original founder of the email newsletter technology company known as Arial Software. Using his technical experience combined with his love for natural health, Adams developed and deployed the content management system currently driving NaturalNews.com. He also engineered the high-level statistical algorithms that power SCIENCE.naturalnews.com, a massive research resource now featuring over 10 million scientific studies.