(NaturalNews) At the start of every new year, many people like to make a resolution or two. Often this revolves around their weight, having over-indulged during the holiday period. So they start at a gym or engage in a weight loss program or buy a book on dieting. Often this commitment lasts only a short time, for a variety of reasons, leaving one feeling dispirited and perhaps disappointed with oneself.
You might be relieved to know that the fault does not lie with the individual! The fault lies with the many programs that frankly don't fully understand the cause of excess weight, so they devise something that sounds plausible and may have worked on a few people for a short time.
The most important parts of any good weight loss program
Below are some tips on what to look for and what not to fall for when looking for the right diet for you.
1. Above all it should be easy. Any complicated diet that makes you stop and think before you go shopping will quickly be discarded.
2. Understand that everyone is different. What suits one person doesn't suit the next. This means any diet worth its weight (no pun intended) must be flexible, to take into consideration your personal preferences, as well as your genetic inheritance.
3. Healthy foods should be the mainstay of your diet. These should be listed, along with their benefits. The unhealthy foods should also be explored so you aren't tempted to indulge.
4. You should never have to feel hungry. Starving yourself will not be healthy and the diet will not last.
5. Any holistic health care, and healthy eating is a very big part of this, looks at the whole of you. Every part of your is connected. When seeking out a weight loss guide, it must also be able to improve your health. Health problems lessen or vanish altogether.
6. Be aware that what you have done up to this point has not served you. Your current diet has contributed to your excess weight and ill health. Be prepared to make permanent changes. That means avoiding those 'get slim quick' diets. A steady loss is likely to be permanent as it allows time for your consciousness, your thoughts, to change.
7. It is likely that your food bill will either remain the same or reduce. Healthy eating is often less expensive than eating unhealthily.
8. Take full responsibility for yourself. Don't blame your parents, the government or anyone else. Only you are responsible for your health and what you put in your mouth. Yes, your parents may not have started you out on the best diet, but you can change this, starting now. Yes, the government seems to be desperately trying to make you eat all the wrong foods. But you have the ability to ignore them.
9. Make sure you have some form of exercise. It doesn't have to be a cardio work out at the gym three times a week. It can be a daily walk with your dog. It could be gardening. It could be yoga or one of the other highly beneficial eastern disciplines. Do what suits you, then you will stick with it.
10. And finally, learn to trust your intuition. That will take time if you haven't up till now. Your intuition will always be right for you. Experts aren't always.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com