(NaturalNews) An interesting product, to say the least, royal jelly is the food that turns regular bee larvae into queen bees - it's the substance that elevates the physical capabilities of certain bees to allow them to become leaders of their own hives. Secreted by the nurse bees that look after the larvae in a hive, royal jelly causes some of the baby bees to grow faster and stronger than the rest. Claims have been made that when consumed by humans royal jelly can act as a "brain food," providing the boost the brain needs to grow faster and more efficient.
This claim is made because royal jelly contains a rare fatty acid, 10-HDA, that is said to enhance the cognitive capabilities of individuals. Due to a high concentration of phospholipids, people that consume royal jelly are able to improve their motor function, short-term memory, learning abilities, and overall awareness. Studies have shown that royal jelly has even been able to improve the conditions of individuals that suffer from Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. The availability of a natural therapy for such illnesses is certainly important, as the market's current medications are laden with harsh chemicals that often provide serious side effects.
Despite the fact that royal jelly is recognized as a brain food, it remains that this natural remedy has much more to offer than increased brain function. As a substance that contains many B vitamins (especially Vitamin B5, pantothenic acid), trace minerals, and antibacterial proteins, royal jelly
provides a natural boost of overall well-being. Some of its many other health benefits are:
* Efficient regeneration of tissue, especially that involving DNA.
* Increase in the strength of white blood cells, which boosts the immune system.
* Reduction of oxygen supplied to tumors, allowing the body to fight several types of cancer.
* Regulations of blood sugar, which can improve the health of individuals with diabetes.
* DHEA, a hormone that has anti-aging and adrenal-regulating properties.
* Restoration of the function of both the adrenal and kidney systems.
* Faster hair growth that also improves shine and color, due to para-aminobenzoic acid.
* Younger looking skin, a result of collagen and zinc.
* Rest and renewal after being overworked or excessively tired.
* Relief from asthenia, anxiety, insomnia, asthma, arthritis, gout, skin problems, and even broken bones.
* Lower cholesterol.
* Increased anti-inflammatory and antibiotic capabilities.
The use of royal jelly powder
has been deemed safe for the majority of individuals; however, people that suffer from allergies or are allergic to royal jelly may suffer from an allergic reaction that could be fatal. Therefore, knowing all allergies before taking the supplement is crucial to achieving success when incorporating royal jelly into a diet.
Individuals who choose to add royal jelly powder can expect to experience an overall boost in their health. These many benefits will provide a well-rounded increase in well-being, allowing users to feel more alert and more comfortable. Though it is advertised as a "brain food
," and does contain substances that can boost the activity of the brain and nervous system, royal jelly also provides many other highly valuable health benefits that make it an important supplement in the lives of people who are seeking natural remedies.Sourceshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_jellyhttp://www.greengrownproducts.com/bee-propolis-pollen-royal-jelly.htmhttp://www.foodforyourhealing.com/top-10-healthiest-foods/
About the author
Alex Malinsky aka RawGuru is an award winning chef and one of the leading experts in the field of raw food. He started to learn about raw foods at the early at of 15. After 10 years on the raw food diet he continues to be on the cutting edge of nutritional research and product development. Visit Alex's website at: www.RawGuru.com
for more information.
Have comments on this article? Post them here:
people have commented on this article.