(NaturalNews) It's one of the most common false arguments of GMO pushers: There's nothing to be worried about with genetically modified foods, they argue, because almost everything is genetically modified, they claim. What they're referring to is the genetic selection
used in the long, slow development of many crops such as wheat, which originally began as a grass but was shaped generation after generation through the selection of larger seeds, ultimately leading to modern-day wheat.
This stands in stark contrast to genetic engineering
, which is the artificial inserting of genetic code (often from animal species, by the way) into the DNA of a plant. This is a completely artificial, interventionist "engineering" of the DNA of a plant that wildly differs from mere genetic "selection."
GMO poison pushers attempt to confuse people with these terms by claiming that "lots of foods are genetically modified," thereby blurring the distinction between genetic selection
versus genetic engineering
. I've even heard top-level scientists attempt to use this false argument, hoping that no one will notice.
The simple truth is that genetic selection
works in harmony with natural processes of gene variation within a species. If you grow corn, and you save the seeds from your best-tasting corn to plant the next generation of corn, you are engaged in genetic selection
. This is natural.
But the GMO industry doesn't even want you to be able to save your seeds from one generation to the next. They use "terminator" technology in the seeds to ensure that the second generation of seeds is non-viable. That alone is a crime against humanity because it forces a seed monopoly
upon farmers and consumers in developing nations and first-world nations. This is why any individual or organization that is in favor of seed-termination technology in GMOs
is supporting a crime against nature
As usual, the powerful corporations pushing GMOs are attempting to blatantly confuse consumers (and journalists) over the difference between genetic selection
versus genetic engineering
. None of the biotech GMOs are created through selection processes along.
They all are based on artificial genetic engineering.
10 facts you need to know about GMOs:
• GMOs are created through artificial genetic engineering
of plant DNA, usually through inserting animal genes into plants.
"selection," in contrast, is a natural process whereby people plant seeds, generation after generation, from their crops that demonstrate desirable characteristics. This is how wheat, corn and other crops were developed over centuries of seed selection.
• The GMO
industry uses seed terminator technology to forbid seed saving and planting, thereby forcing farmers to buy seeds year after year (creating a seed monopoly and a single point of control for food).
• People who promote GMOs are engaged in crimes against humanity and crimes against nature. They promote dangerous technologies that threaten the future of life on earth by causing genetic pollution and a sharp loss of seed diversity
• GMOs have been linked to at least 200,000 suicides
in India over the past decade due to failed crops (http://www.naturalnews.com/030913_Monsanto_s...
• The GMO industry has financially taken over much of the mainstream media, politicians and science journals (http://www.naturalnews.com/031093_unscientif...
). They will not stop until they achieve complete control over the world food supply, enslaving humanity in a food monopoly.
• GMOs cause "genetic pollution" that damage other crops and ultimately threaten the reproductive viability of crops in the long term. The future of food is jeopardized by GMOs.
• The GMO industry is now attempting to brand all opponents of GMOs as "unscientific" by claiming that GMO = science, and therefore anyone who opposes GMOs is automatically an opponent of science (http://www.naturalnews.com/031093_unscientif...
• The GMO push into Europe is a confirmed conspiracy involving U.S. officials and GMO corporations, as revealed in a Wikileaks cable that the mainstream media has still refused to report (http://www.naturalnews.com/030828_GMOs_Wikil...
• The next great food famine (and mass starvation) will undoubtedly be caused by GMOs. And yet the industry claims that GMOs will save
the planet from starvation! Only in a crooked, corrupt world could an industry claim to be saving
the world while actually enslaving
Watch NaturalNews editor Mike Adams rap about GMOs in the hit song, "Just Say No to GMOs"http://naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=B459FF2B150FDF...
to learn more.
Stay informed about GMOswww.ResponsibleTechnology.orgwww.GMwatch.orgwww.NonGMOproject.orgShare this story to spread the word about GMOs
. Many people have been fooled by Biotech propaganda and they remain unaware of the true health and environmental hazards of genetically engineered foods.