(NaturalNews) Roll back father time and keep your skin younger, smoother and healthier with these foods, remedies and other tips:
Healthy Fruits for the Skin:
* The pomegranate's power comes from ellagic acid, a polyphenol antioxidant found in red wine and green tea. Ellagic acid has been shown in some studies to neutralize free radicals more effectively than polyphenols found in green tea and red wine.
* The top vitamins for the skin are vitamins A, B2, B3, B6, B12, C and E. Blackberries have all six, including abundant A, C, and E.
* Dark skinned grapes contain resveratrol, an important compound for anti-aging as well as plenty of vitamin C and other good vitamins and nutrients. For maximum benefits, choose seeded grapes and eat or juice seeds and all.
* Though terribly over-hyped with some online products and MLM weight-loss schemes, acai is indeed a super healthy juice loaded with anti-oxidants and nutrients that have many benefits, including benefits for the skin.
* Blueberries are considered to be among the top three healthiest juices, along with pomegranate and acai.
* Raspberry, dark cherry, apple and strawberry are all very healthy juices loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients for the skin and overall health.
* Though not a fruit, carrots and carrot juice are loaded with vitamin A, which is an essential nutrient in maintaining healthy skin.
Some Other Skin Care Suggestions:
* Shiitake mushrooms contain antioxidants that block proteins known to cause cell breakdown. They provide chemical exfoliation and they also contain kojic acid, which has a lightening effect on age spots and discoloration, making skin appear brighter over time.
* Pumpkins contain ample carotenoids, which are derivatives of vitamin A. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of zinc and have been used as a natural remedy for acne. Studies show that zinc has an effect similar to that of the common antibiotic tetracycline.
* Vitamin B7 (Biotin) is necessary for cell growth, the production of fatty acids, and the metabolism of fats and amino acids.
Skin Care Remedies:
* For softer, suppler and less dry skin, try a brown sugar/olive oil/ginger body scrub. Mix two cups of brown sugar with one cup of olive oil and add a small amount of ground ginger. Mix well into a paste. Using circular motions, rub your entire body, paying special attention to elbows, heels, and knees. Rinse with a body wash and wet washcloth and towel dry.
* Use milk and honey to have softer, smoother feet without harsh exfoliation. Pour two cups of milk per one cup of honey into a basin large enough to hold both feet. Soak for 15 minutes, lightly massaging the mixture into skin. You can also use the milk/honey combo to soak elbows or hands, or pat gently onto the face and massage in. Rinse with tepid water.
* If you have normal to oily skin, you can tighten pores and achieve a brighter complexion with an egg white and orange juice masque. Mix two raw egg whites with 1/4 cup of fresh orange juice. Apply to skin and let rest for 15 minutes until dry. Rinse well with warm water.
* For a radiant, moisturized glow, try an oatmeal face masque (especially good for sensitive skin). Mix oatmeal with boiling water according to package instructions. Let cool, then apply to skin and let rest for 15 minutes. Rinse well with warm water.
* Use one or more of these oils to minimize wrinkles and fine lines and keep your skin healthy and glowing: grape seed, coconut, olive, avocado (drier skin) and jojoba (breakout prone skin).
Tony Isaacs, is a natural health author, advocate and researcher who hosts The Best Years in Life website for those who wish to avoid prescription drugs and mainstream managed illness and live longer, healthier and happier lives naturally. Mr. Isaacs is the author of books and articles about natural health, longevity and beating cancer including "Cancer's Natural Enemy" and is working on a major book project due to be published later this year. He is also a contributing author for the worldwide advocacy group "S.A N.E.Vax. Inc" which endeavors to uncover the truth about HPV vaccine dangers. Mr. Isaacs is currently residing in scenic East Texas and frequently commutes to the even more scenic Texas hill country near Austin and San Antonio to give lectures and health seminars. He also hosts the CureZone "Ask Tony Isaacs - featuring Luella May" forum as well as the Yahoo Health Group "Oleander Soup" and he serves as a consultant to the "Utopia Silver Supplement Company".
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com