(NaturalNews) Constipation is not a very pleasant subject, but for many people it is an even more uncomfortable condition. The most common symptoms of constipation are irregularity or difficulty in elimination of hard fecal matter. With the use of a healthy diet and natural remedies, constipation can usually be beaten and avoided. Here are some tips on naturally relieving and avoiding constipation.
One tried and true natural laxative is prune juice. Start with one cup of prune juice and if you do not get the desired results, drink more. The best form of prune juice is unfiltered juice which still contains much of the natural fiber. You can also eat prunes and raisins which may do the trick as well. Prunes and prune juice work faster on an empty stomach.
If you don't like prunes, try dried figs. Dried figs contain soluble and insoluble fiber, both of which flush out your intestines. Five figs supply at least 20 percent of your daily fiber requirement, more than almost any other fruit. Nibble on four or five figs at the first sign of constipation and drink at least one glass of water. If needed, eat a couple more every three hours until you get results.
Bale fruit may be the best laxative of all fruits. It cleans and tones the intestines and relieves constipation.
Slippery elm forms a slick mucilage that acts as a stool softener and helps make bowel movements easier.
The combination of the properties of the cellulose, sugar, and organic acid in grapes make them a laxative food. One should take at least 350 gm of this fruit daily to achieve the desired results. For maximum results, find seeded grapes and consume the entire grape, seeds and all.
Watermelons also have a laxative effect, especially when consumed in large quantities. As an added benefit, watermelons help flush and prevent kidney stones.
Raw honey is a mild natural laxative. You can supercharge it, and many other natural laxative remedies, by adding a couple of tablespoons of blackstrap molasses.
One home remedy for constipation can be made with tomato juice, carrot juice and sauerkraut juice. Mix one cup tomato or vegetable juice, 1/4 cup carrot juice and 1/2 cup sauerkraut juice. Pour this over ice. You may add pepper sauce (such as sauces made from cayenne pepper) for a spicier drink.
Other Tips and Suggestions:
* Increase your fiber intake by switching from refined foods to less-refined foods whenever possible. One excellent grain choice is barley.
* Eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables. Apples, ripe bananas, oranges, guava, pears and rhubarb all contain plenty of fiber and are natural laxatives. Likewise, beans, peas, cabbage and spinach are vegetables that help prevent and relieve constipation.
* Exercise boosts your fitness level and promotes regularity. When you are active, so are your bowels -- and the more sedentary you are, the more slowly your bowels move.
* Many prescription and over-the-counter medications can cause constipation. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if any of your medications could be causing your constipation
* Consuming at least eight glasses of water a day not only improves your general health, but also helps moisten the intestines so that the bowels move easily.
* Coffee often causes one to have a bowel movement.
* One tablespoon of olive oil in the morning will stimulate digestion and lubricate mucous membranes.
* Constipation in toddlers, infants and older children may be relieved by giving bran cereal.
Tony Isaacs, is a natural health author, advocate and researcher who hosts The Best Years in Life website for those who wish to avoid prescription drugs and mainstream managed illness and live longer, healthier and happier lives naturally. Mr. Isaacs is the author of books and articles about natural health, longevity and beating cancer including "Cancer's Natural Enemy" and is working on a major book project due to be published later this year. He is also a contributing author for the worldwide advocacy group "S.A N.E.Vax. Inc" which endeavors to uncover the truth about HPV vaccine dangers. Mr. Isaacs is currently residing in scenic East Texas and frequently commutes to the even more scenic Texas hill country near Austin and San Antonio to give lectures and health seminars. He also hosts the CureZone "Ask Tony Isaacs - featuring Luella May" forum as well as the Yahoo Health Group "Oleander Soup" and he serves as a consultant to the "Utopia Silver Supplement Company".
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com