man

Man nearly dies after one spray of Lynx deodorant

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 by: Ethan A. Huff, staff writer
Tags: deodorant, chemicals, health news

eTrust Pro Certified

Most Viewed Articles
Popular on Facebook
CDC issues flu vaccine apology: this year's vaccine doesn't work!
Tetanus vaccines found spiked with sterilization chemical to carry out race-based genocide against Africans
Biologist explains how marijuana causes tumor cells to commit suicide
Companies begin planting microchips under employees' skin
NJ cops bust teenagers shoveling snow without a permit
Russia throws down the gauntlet: energy supply to Europe cut off; petrodollar abandoned as currency war escalates
McDonald's in global profit free fall as people everywhere increasingly reject chemically-altered toxic fast food
Chemotherapy kills cancer patients faster than no treatment at all
U2's Bono partners with Monsanto to destroy African agriculture with GMOs
FDA targets Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps for sharing health benefits of coconut oil
Why flu shots are the greatest medical fraud in history
Flu vaccine kills 13 in Italy; death toll rises
600 strains of an aerosolized thought control vaccine already tested on humans; deployed via air, food and water
The 21 curious questions we're never allowed to ask about vaccines
Italian court rules mercury and aluminum in vaccines cause autism: US media continues total blackout of medical truth
CDC admits it has been lying all along about Ebola transmission; "indirect" spread now acknowledged
Whooping cough outbreak at Massachusetts high school affected only vaccinated students
Orthorexia Nervosa - New mental disorder aimed at people who insist on eating a clean diet

Delicious
(NaturalNews) A British man who had never before had an allergic reaction in his life almost died on Christmas Day after using a popular deodorant spray called Lynx. After spraying himself with it, Darren Palmer began to develop an itchy rash that quickly developed into anaphylactic shock which left him unconscious.

Palmer indicated that he had used this brand of deodorant before without any problems, however the product that almost killed him was from a new line called "Fever" which may have had new, unknown chemicals in it that caused a severe reaction. After his initial reaction, Palmer immediately tried to take a shower to get the product off his body. When he realized that the reaction was only getting worse, he panicked and tried to get out of the shower but collapsed in the bathtub.

The spray caused Palmer's throat and windpipe to swell, rendering him unable to breathe. According to paramedics, he would have died were it not for the quick response of his wife, Joanne, who immediately called for help upon discovering her husband unconscious.

The paramedics arrived in time to administer adrenaline and oxygen which helped Palmer to begin breathing again. He was rushed to the hospital where he eventually recovered, but experts have been unable to figure out exactly what triggered the reaction.

Interestingly, Palmer makes a living as a motorway maintenance worker where he deals with chemical sprays all the time. He explained to reporters that he had never had any sort of allergic reaction from the chemicals he works with nor with any food products.

Public health officials were also at a loss for providing any sort of explanation, indicating that it is rare for a person to suffer anaphylactic shock after spraying themselves with deodorant. Nevertheless, the armpits are a sensitive area where a quick reaction from an allergen is likely to have the worst effect.

Spokesmen from Lynx expressed regret about the situation, explaining that they plan to investigate the situation further. According to the company, Lynx's "Fever" line of deodorants were tested more rigorously than all their other products.

Many spray deodorants are filled with potentially toxic substances, some of which can lead to cancer. Since these things are going to end up in your body, it is important to seek out brands that do not use toxic chemicals in their formulas and research all the ingredients before making a decision.

Sources for this story include: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1239...

Join over four million monthly readers. Your privacy is protected. Unsubscribe at any time.
comments powered by Disqus
Take Action: Support NaturalNews.com by linking back to this article from your website

Permalink to this article:

Embed article link: (copy HTML code below):

Reprinting this article:
Non-commercial use OK, cite NaturalNews.com with clickable link.

Follow Natural News on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and Pinterest

Colloidal Silver

Advertise with NaturalNews...

Support NaturalNews Sponsors:

Advertise with NaturalNews...

GET SHOW DETAILS
+ a FREE GIFT

Sign up for the FREE Natural News Email Newsletter

Receive breaking news on GMOs, vaccines, fluoride, radiation protection, natural cures, food safety alerts and interviews with the world's top experts on natural health and more.

Join over 7 million monthly readers of NaturalNews.com, the internet's No. 1 natural health news site. (Source: Alexa.com)

Your email address *

Please enter the code you see above*

No Thanks

Already have it and love it!

Natural News supports and helps fund these organizations:

* Required. Once you click submit, we will send you an email asking you to confirm your free registration. Your privacy is assured and your information is kept confidential. You may unsubscribe at anytime.