(NaturalNews) Like nature's answer to joint pain, the single-cell algae chlorella brings together a variety of nutrients which can support healthy joints and relieve pain associated with arthritis. For anyone suffering from chronic joint pain, finding effective natural remedies like chlorella are a breath of fresh air in a world muddled with shady pharmaceutical drugs. Here are some of the ways chlorella can combat joint pain:Balancing pH.
Chlorella is excellent for reducing acidity in the body. Since acidity can worsen joint pain, balancing the body's pH level by making it more alkaline can help relieve arthritis pain.Chlorophyll.
Chlorella's bright green hue is supplied by loads of natural chlorophyll, a cleansing substance which fights inflammation associated with joint pain. Anti-inflammatory foods like chlorella are an important part of fighting arthritis naturally.Detoxifying.
Joint pain is often worsened in the presence of toxic substances like chemical pesticides and heavy metals like mercury. With the unique ability to bind with toxins and usher them out of the body, chlorella can fight joint paint by detoxifying cells and tissues.Glucosamine.
Contained in chlorella's outer wall, glucosamine restores connective tissue like cartilage and ligaments. It's a great nutrient for joint health.Gut Flora.
The specialized components of chlorella encourage the growth of beneficial gut flora, which promotes gut health. Having a healthy gut can improve immune system response. Since arthritis
is often associated with an overactive immune response, restoring gut flora is an important step in relieving arthritis pain. Restoring gut health can also reduce inflammation throughout the body, another bonus for reducing pain
in the joints.Minerals.
Chlorella has a broad and rich mineral content. A diet lacking in important minerals can aggravate joint pain, so getting plenty of these nutrients is important.
The benefits listed above function far beyond simply restoring the health
of the joints. Chlorella can also provide these general benefits:
- Enhanced immunity
- Better digestion
- More energy
- Antioxidants which protect against oxidation
- Improved insulin sensitivity
- Essential amino acids
- Deodorization (fresher breath)
- Overall detoxification
- Normalized blood pressure
- Improved triglyceride levels
- Healthy body weight and compositionTips for using chlorella:
- A typical maintenance dose for chlorella is 3-6 grams per day. For someone looking to combat major health problems, a higher dose of up to 30 grams per day may be necessary until health is improved.
- Chlorella in powder form is typically the cleanest kind because it will contain less additives and binders compared to tablets.
- Locating a high-quality source of chlorella is important. Look for a manufacturer who takes pride in producing clean, easily digested chlorella product. This will maximize your benefits from taking chlorella.For More Information:
Lev, Beth M. (2003) Chlorella, The Ultimate Green Food: Nature's Richest Source of Chlorophyll, DNA and RNA. Published by B L Publications.
About the author
Elizabeth Walling is a freelance writer specializing in health and family nutrition. She is a strong believer in natural living as a way to improve health and prevent modern disease. She enjoys thinking outside of the box and challenging common myths about health and wellness. You can visit her blog to learn more:www.livingthenourishedlife.com/2009/10/welcome.html
Have comments on this article? Post them here:
people have commented on this article.