(NaturalNews) Fig leaves are best known for treating diabetes, but there are many other uses for the fig leaves. There are many homemade remedies from treating diabetes to treating bronchitis, genital warts, liver cirrhosis, high blood pressure, skin problems and ulcers. Fig leaves are not used as much as they should be. Most of the remedies for the fig leaves use the sap or the milk of the sacred tree. Fig tinctures or poultices should be used immediately and fresh batches made daily.
The big news with the use of fig leaves is that they have anti-diabetic properties. The diabetic needs less insulin when on a treatment of using the fig leaf extract. The diabetic should take the extract with breakfast, first thing in the morning. An additional remedy is to boil the leaves of the fig in some freshly filtered waster and drink this as a tea.Figs and Health:
According to the USDA, figs are one of the highest sources of fiber and calcium. Figs have antioxidants and a laxative effect on the body. Figs contain fiber, magnesium, copper, manganese, calcium and vitamins A,B,C and K. Besides these vitamins, the figs also contain folic acid, sodium and zinc.Benefits of the figs:
- Figs are rich in potassium and fiber, helping to stabilize the blood pressure of the body. The figs contain anti-diabetic and anti-tumor properties. They have calcium, potassium, and soluble fiber, which aids in the reduction of cholesterol.
- Figs promote good sleeping habits and protect the person against insomnia. They increase your energy, promote stronger bones, and are helpful in treating constipation, due to their laxative effect. If the leaves are mashed, they can be used as a skin cleanser for acne and pimples.
- Figs lessen the acids in the stomach and therefore are great for pregnant women. Figs also increase sexual desire and promote overall longevity and good health.There are many varieties of figs and here are a few available in the market:
The Calimyrna Fig has a nut like flavor and a golden skin. The Mission fig is dark purple and eventually will turn black when sun dried. The Kadota fig is the American type fig, which is nearly seedless and most often dried and canned. The Brown Turkey fig is seen most of the time in the fresh markets. This fig is copper colored in color with small streaks of purple and a white flesh.Home Remedies using fig leaves:
- Bronchitis - Place two to three fig leaves in a half liter of water with some piloncillo and bring to boil. Let the water boil for 15 minutes and then remove the leaves and drink the tea.
What is Piloncillo?http://mexicanfood.about.com/od/mexicanfoodg...
- Cardiovascular and Cancer patients: Try drinking some freshly made fig leaf tea. Also, eat some fresh figs daily.
- Genital warts - Take one of the fig leaves and apply the milk or sap from the leaf to the affected areas.
- Hemorrhoid - Place two or three of the leaves in one liter of water and bring to boil. Boil for at least 15 minutes. Remove from the fire and let the pot cool. Remove the leaves from the tea and use as a sitz bath or apply to the affected areas.
- Liver cirrhosis - Take 4 leaves, wash them thoroughly and pound them with any type of sugar candy. Fill a medium glass with water and drink this twice a day.
- Lower blood pressure - Place 3 fig leaves in half liter of water. Boil for 15 minutes and drink daily.
- Ringworm - Cut open a leaf and take the milk or sap. Rub on the ringworm. This procedure works immediately.
- Scalp fungal infections, warts and boils - Follow the above directions.
- Shingles: Place three to four fig leaves in 2 cups of water. Boil for a few minutes, let cool and remove the leaves. Take a wash cloth and dip in the water and apply to the affected area.
- Ulcers - Every day chew two fig leaves and swallow the whole leaf. People with advanced ulcers should do this in the morning on an empty stomach.Http://www.earthclinic.comhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fig_leafhttp://paroslife.parosweb.com/story.html?sto...
About the author
Barbi Trejo is a natural hygiene foodist and loves the medicine of the earth. After being diagnosed with MS and early onset dementia last year, she cured herself using herbs and juicing from the earth. She now spends her time helping others.
Barbi Trejo lives in Jordan with her cat, Baby. Barbi is writes for Suite101, Break Studios and Associated Content. She moderates four forums and six blogs in her spare time.
Barbi has just released her first eBook entitled, "Everything You Would Ever Want to Know About Black Seeds (Nigella sativa) and more. It can be seen at http://nigellasativa.weebly.com
Barbi is also a Twitter Manager for many of the top Natural Health Writers here on Natural News.com and Corporations. To learn more about how Twitter can benefit you, contact her at email@example.com and make sure to put Twitter as the reason for the email.