(NaturalNews) Ever really taken a slow walk through a supermarket? You can't escape the harsh reality that we are surrounded and bombarded by choices. It's at the point of being overwhelming in my opinion. Choices are good, but do we really need over a 150 brands of breakfast cereals? Apparently the answer is yes, if you care to inquire, the Food and Beverage industries who according to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission in 2006 spent over $1.6 billion in advertising to market their products to children. That has almost doubled in less than two years.
It's very clear that with so many choices and the powerful advertising that influences us to buy, it can be difficult to make the right choice. Unfortunately, that leaves us drowning in a never ending sea of indecisions. So what do we do with all these choices? At times the answer can be fairly simple. I've found 'simplicity comes best', from the mind of a child. During a recent conversation about what foods are good for you and what foods are not, my youngest daughter laughed and said "But I love that food." My oldest daughter replied, "Yeah but does it love you back?" That one reply was simple but contained a wealth of wisdom.
Loving foods that love you back, a concept that is very broad in its scope, but very powerful when it comes to teaching ourselves and children proper nutrition. As humans we thrive and grow based on the relationships we choose. To cultivate healthy relationships, we take the time to learn as much about our potential partner before committing. Why? Simply, because we all share a common desire -- to be fulfilled. Whether cultivating a business or personal relationship, we want it to be complete in order to function at our best capacity. How is it that utilizing this same philosophy with the food we eat has slipped from our consciousness? Is it that difficult to embrace the fact that we should nurture a relationship with the foods we consume? In other words, the foods we love should reciprocate by truly supplying the proper nutrition to our body. This will only happen, if and only if we improve our knowledge and make the best choices.
So ask yourself, does the food you eat truly love you back? Sounds silly perhaps until you think about the times you've had heartburn, stomach aches or worse -- an allergy reaction. Here are 5 helpful tips to consider and foods that I know for certain love us and those that don't.
5 Simple Tips to Remember:
1. Read the ingredients of the food you buy and research what they are.
2. Know your vitamins and minerals and what foods have them and those that don't. (Yes, there are some foods that have no nutrient content.)
3. Don't be taken in by every discount and coupon special. Saving money may not be saving your life.
4. Eliminate or Reduce microwaving your foods. Those rays destroy nearly 98% of its vitamins, in reality killing your food. Now that's not love.
5. Eat live foods such as fruits and vegetables as much as possible. It's been proven that you acquire more nutrients from live foods than dead ones.
5 Foods and Drinks That Truly Love You
1. Water is at the top of the list. Not only does water act as the ultimate cleansing agent but it also is effective in treating many of our aliments such as arthritis and asthma. Take a look at this article for more information (http://www.naturalnews.com/003202.html) .
2. Spinach is one of my favorites and a slightly underrated vegetable. One bowl of spinach contains as much calcium as a carton of milk!
3. Grapefruit can be sour but packs a punch when it comes to supplying a day's worth of vitamin C. Eat half of one and you are good for the entire day.
4. For those who are not allergic, a healthy diet of Fish (salmon or tuna) will provide much needed Omega 3 fatty acids to help maintain proper weight and gain less. It's also good in preventing depression.
5. Carrot Juice is known for keeping us seeing well into our twilight years. It's also a super blood cleansing agent and prevents known cancers. Now if that's not love, I don't know what is.
1. White Sugar of the refined processed variety has no love and has no nutrient value whatsoever. The body uses energy to digest and absorb the sugar and gets nothing in return but exhaustion.
2. Coffee is clearly a beverage of ups and downs which often leaves you spiraling downward when it's all said and done. The culprit is caffeine which causes lack of focus. Do you need a drink that does that?
3. Processed Foods, which covers a wide range from fast foods to most canned foods, are overloaded with nutrient-empty sugar, water, fat, flour, starch, artificial colorings and flavors. Avoid these at all costs.
4. Foods that have Yeast Extract as an ingredient are those to take out of the shopping cart. Yeast Extract is used to enhance flavor but has the similar effects of MSG (monosodium glutamate), which are headaches and reproductive disorders.
5. Doughnuts contain hydrogenated oils, white flour, sugar, and acrylamides. Essentially, they're one of the worst cancer foods you can possibly eat. Reader's Digest calls doughnuts "disastrous" as a breakfast food, and many experts agree it's probably one of the worst ways to start the day. Extracted from the article The Top Five Cancer Causing Foods (http://www.naturalnews.com/021808.html) .
For more information, visit these links and articles:
Roosevelt Pitt, Jr. is a veteran author of over five books and graphic novels. He is also the author and co-creator of Food Adventures with Charles the Chef, a book created to help children develop good eating habits early. For additional information please visit www.charlesthechef.com or email Roosevelt at firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com