(NaturalNews) It seems as though hemp is not only an answer to our global health problems, both for people who don't have enough to eat and for people in the western world who are malnourished from eating the wrong foods, but also an answer to our environmental crisis.The healing properties of hemp
Hemp seeds are perhaps the purest, most nutritionally dense food on our planet. They are rich in vitamins and minerals, and are also the only edible seeds with gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which is an essential fatty acid. In fact, its essential fatty acid ratio is absolutely perfect for our bodies.
Many people think that it is impossible to be a vegan because protein comes from animal products such as meat and cheese. In actual fact, hemp seeds are a highly nutritious source of protein that is easily digested by the body in its natural raw state.
Some of the benefits of regularly including this potent and delicious super food in your diet are:
* Heart Health and Lowered Blood Pressure - High blood pressure is a sign that the heart is being overworked from having to constantly force blood through sluggish blood vessels. Clinical studies indicate that hemp products reduce inflammation and improve circulation, which means that the blood can flow and take the pressure off the heart.
* Better Digestion – The fiber and fats work wonders for our bowels.
* Losing Weight Naturally - Hemp will fill you up so you don't feel hungry and crave foods that put on the pounds. Getting enough essential fats and other nutrients that are provided by hemp
is one of the best ways to stay slim and healthy.
* More Energy - In our world we need all we can get!
* Healthy Cholesterol Levels - The natural fats and nutrients in hemp help us to maintain balanced cholesterol levels.
* Harmonious Blood Sugars levels - One of the most important ways to defy age and prevent disease is to maintain even blood sugar.Hemp has a Wide Range of Environmentally Friendly Uses
Hemp offers a way to live in harmony with the environment and ecosystems we depend on.
Hemp is the world's oldest and most versatile crop. In fact there are more than 25,000 known uses for it.
Hemp has the potential to replace all major non-renewable raw materials. Hemp fibre is stronger and more versatile than any other plant derived fibre, including cotton and wood. Hemp could also potentially replace petroleum products including plastics.
Deforestation is occurring at around 3% per year, and hemp is a far superior resource since it can be grown to maturity in 100 days. Hemp paper is far stronger and durable than paper made from trees.
Hemp is used in the world's major currency banknotes because it is so strong and water resistant. It is also a sustainable replacement for concrete.
Hemp can grow anywhere and doesn't require pesticides, herbicides or fungicides. Evidence suggests that it can lift heavy metals from polluted soil. It also adds nutrients to soil by tapping into sub-soil nutrients other plants cannot access.
Hemp biomass fuel produces no sulphur and can be effectively used as a relatively clean power source due to its 95% fuel to feed ratio.
At the end of the day, we need to recognise that protecting our environment and our health go hand in hand.
About the author
Sheryl is a kinesiologist, nutritionist and holistic practitioner.
Her website www.younglivingguide.com
provides the latest research on preventing disease, looking naturally gorgeous, and feeling emotionally and physically fabulous. You can also find some of the most powerful super foods on the planet including raw chocolate, purple corn, and many others.
Have comments on this article? Post them here:
people have commented on this article.