The Thai people have a long tradition of natural healing, and their hot compresses, known as herbal bags, are a favorite remedy around the world. "Herbal heat revival," also known as the herbal bolus treatment, is believed to calm the nerves and redirect the body energy in a way that is vital to good health.
Products at The Herbalist (www.theherbalist-shop.com
) are "developed in alignment with ancient beliefs of the chakra system providing a fundamental context for treatment of body, mind and soul." These products are organic and wildcrafted; "ancient formulas and modern science are blended to create remedies that work synergistically to ensure maximum benefit."
The herbal bag uses a combination of 10 selected Thai herbs in one compress. Each herb works its specific healing when absorbed into the skin. They include 30% zingiber cassumunar (a type of ginger), 20% turmeric, 20% citrus hystrix, 10% citronella grass, 5% tamarind leaf, 5% ginger, 5% Borneo camphor, and 5% menthol.
The treatment claims, "the unique Camalina system of warming up the compress but not heating the fragile herbs themselves ensures that they are never subjected to direct heat."
These are the stated benefits of the Catalina herbal heat bag, according to The Herbalist:
• May assist in the relief of muscle pain, aches and tension.
• May assist with symptoms of abdominal pain such as feeling bloated.
• Helps in the relief of the common cold and a stuffy nose (inhale the fragrance at nighttime).
• Helps to reduce signs of swelling and muscle inflammation.
• Assists in the reduction of stiffness in the joints.
• Helps to stimulate peripheral blood circulation
The manufacturer is based in Australia, and looking for a distributor in the US for this unique product. Contact: www.theherbalist-shop.com
Full disclosure: We earn nothing from the sale of products or companies mentioned here and received no money to write about this product.