Taking zinc supplements significantly reduced the risk of death in children between the ages of one and four years, according to a study conducted in Zanzibar by scientists from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and published in The Lancet.
• Researchers studied more than 42,500 children in Zanzibar, a country in East Africa. Half the children were given daily zinc supplements and half were given a placebo pill.
• Children between the ages of one and four years who took the supplements were 18 percent less likely to die than children who received the placebo. Among children of all ages, those who took supplements were 7 percent less likely to die.
• Infants participating in the study received a 5 milligram daily zinc dose; children over the age of one year received 10 milligrams.
• Zinc is an essential element, critical for the functioning of certain biological processes including the immune and nervous systems. Insufficient zinc intake during pregnancy can stunt a child's brain development.
• Like all trace metals, zinc can be toxic in high doses, so care should be exercised when taking supplements.
• Quote: "This large trial demonstrates that the benefits of zinc supplementation include mortality reduction in addition to the reduction in cases of pneumonia, diarrhea and malaria that we found in previous trials." - Senior Author Dr. Robert Black
• This problem is not merely relevant to Zanzibar. The sad fact is that most American adults and children are chronically deficient in zinc. As a result, they heal more slowly than normal, their nervous systems function at sub-optimal levels, and their immune systems are in a state of chronic suppression.
• Zinc is one of the least expensive nutritional supplements known. For mere pennies a day, parents can protect the health and lives of themselves and their children by supplementing with zinc.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com