According to University of Missouri-Columbia scientist Frederick vom Saal, endocrine-disrupting chemicals found in everyday plastics and pesticides may influence obesity. A study conducted there has found that these environmental substances can change the functioning of a fetus's genes, altering the metabolic system and predisposing him or her to obesity.
• According to vom Saal, there are approximately 55,000 man-made chemicals in the world, 1,000 of which might fall into the category of endocrine disruption.
• When fetuses are exposed to these chemicals the way their genes function may be altered, making them more prone to obesity and disease, according to Vom Saal
• Environmental chemistry is the scientific study of the chemical and biochemical phenomena that occur in natural places.
• "You inherit genes, but how those genes develop during your very early life also plays an important role in your propensity for obesity and disease. People who have abnormal metabolic systems have to live extremely different lifestyles in order to not be obese because their systems are malfunctioning," vom Saal said.
• Using lab mice, vom Saal has studied the effects of endocrine-disrupting chemicals, including bisphenol-A, which recently made news in San Francisco during controversy over an ordinance that seeks to ban its use in children's products, according to Medical Research News.
• In a clinical setting, obesity is typically evaluated by measuring BMI (body mass index), waist circumference, and the presence of risk factors and comorbidities.
• Especially in recent decades, obesity has come to be seen as more of a medical condition or serious public health problem in modern Western culture.
• Excessive body weight has been linked to various diseases, particularly cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, cancer, diabetes mellitus type 2, sleep apnea, and osteoarthritis, according to Wikipedia
• Natural Cellular Defense is a product that has been shown to help detoxify the body and remove synthetic chemicals, according to the work of Dr. Gabriel Cousens. Learn more at Jason Groode's web page: http://www.mywaiora.com/195399
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com