The juice of olive leaves could make an effective antioxidant to help frying oils last longer, new research from Cairo University states. It works by reducing the production of peroxides in the oil, thereby slowing the oxidation of the oil and making it healthier to consume.
• This is important news for those interested in using natural preservation as a way to slow down the oxidative deterioration of food in order to reduce the use of chemically synthesized preservatives.
• The Egyptian researchers found that the creation of peroxides in sunflower oil -- used as a natural frying oil -- were reduced with olive leaf juice.
• Olive leaf juice is created by pressing the leaves of olive trees.
• Olive leaves are rich in polyphenols, a class of natural chemicals found in plants that work as antioxidants, which can help combat heart disease and prevent free radical damage throughout the body.
• In a related topic, waste from composted olive oil has been found to be useful as a biofertilizer, as well as a biofilter for toxic metal removal, according to a 2007 study by the University of Thessaly in Greece.
• "One has to point out that the main goal of this work was to use a very cheap natural source as an antioxidant agent. It is of interest to note that olive leaves used as a natural source for antioxidants in the present study are obtained by the annual pruning of olive plants," lead researcher Radwan Farag wrote in the study.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com