New research presented to the British Nutrition Foundation shows that regular consumption of coffee does not affect a personís alertness. University of Bristol researchers have carried out a review of previous studies into the effects of caffeine, and concluded that only those who have avoided coffee for a significant time get a buzz from caffeine.
• Most people who rely on their morning caffeine fix claim that it wakes them up and helps get them through the day.
• The research shows that those who drink a caffeinated beverage are no more alert than those who never consume one.
• The Bristol researchers believe that coffee only counteracts the mild caffeine withdrawal symptoms people experience after having gone without the stimulant overnight.
• Professor Peter Rogers, a biological psychologist who led the research, told the BBC: "That alertness you feel is you getting back to normal, rather than to an above normal level. The morning boost is what people think is useful about caffeine, but if that doesn't happen, maybe it's not that useful after all."
• Caffeine does have some benefits, such as preventing cognitive decline in the elderly.
• Zoe Wheeldon, of the British Coffee Association, disagrees with the research and states: "There are two sides to the debate and a wealth of scientific evidence suggests that moderate coffee consumption of four to five cups per day is perfectly safe for the general population and does have a beneficial effect on alertness and performance even in regular coffee drinkers."
• Of course the British Coffee Association is going to claim that drinking many cups of coffee every day is both safe and beneficial. The group has a financial incentive to say such things.
• Long-term coffee consumption depleted the adrenal glands and leads to chronic depletion of energy. Caffeine is the No. 1 most abused psychoactive drug in modern civilization. It is highly addictive and has detrimental health consequences when consumed over a period of many years.
• Long-term caffeine consumption has been correlated with a loss of bone mineral density as well as hypoglycemia.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com