Certain houseplants can counteract the harmful chemicals emitted into the home environment by cleaning products, paint and tobacco smoke, says certified Master Gardener Barbara Michael in the Columbia Missourian newspaper.
• The biggest offenders to health found in the home are benzene, formaldehyde, trichloroethylene and carbon monoxide.
• Benzene, found in tobacco smoke, paint and some other materials, can be reduced with "gerbera daisy, chrysanthemum, peace lily, bamboo palm, dracaena, English ivy and snake plant," Michael writes. Benzene can cause dizziness, headaches, eye and skin irritation, as well as respiratory problems. Those individuals looking for a low maintenance plant that can live in the corner of a house quite happily while it looks to reduce the effects of benzene need look no further than the bamboo palm. Another durable houseplant that is low maintenance is the snake plant.
• Formaldehyde, which can be found in such items as permanent-pressed clothing, pressed wood furniture, certain paper products and even carpeting, can be reduced with "bamboo palm, dracaena janet craig, dracaena marginata, snake plant, peace lily, spider plant, golden pathos and heartleaf philodendron," Michael writes. Formaldehyde can irritate asthma and create headaches, and many people can develop a hypersensitivity to it after repeated exposure. In addition, formaldehyde has been linked to certain kinds of cancers.
• Trichloroethylene, another carcinogen, can be removed by adding "gerbera daisy, chrysanthemum, dracaena marginata, peace lily, dracaena janet craig" or bamboo palm to your house, Michael says.
• Carbon monoxide, which causes drowsiness and headaches, can be reduced with all of the plants mentioned above: bamboo palm, spider plant, golden pathos, dracaena janet craig, dracaena marginata, snake plant, peace lily, chrysanthemum, English ivy and heartleaf philodendron. Most are very low maintenance plants.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com