(NaturalNews) Plans to increase the fluoride in Southern California water systems may have negative effects on the development of infants' teeth when fed with formula. The American Dental Association has warned that increased amounts of fluoride in water systems may cause infants to grow up with teeth that appear damaged.
• The group recommends breastfeeding infants to keep them away from water while their teeth develop.
• If using a formula mix, the ADA recommends using low- or non-fluoridated water as the liquid mixer.
• The federal Centers for Disease Control estimate that roughly one-third of children between the ages of 12 to 15 years have some degree of fluorosis. (More information here.)
• According to the ADA, the recommended intake of fluoride for children younger than 4 years is less than 1 milligram of fluoride per day. For adults, it is 4 milligrams for men and 3 milligrams for women.
• The Southern Californian water district choosing to add fluoride supplies 18 million people with water, including an estimated 240,000 babies under the age of one.
• "It is deeply troubling that children, including bottle-fed infants, will begin drinking fluoridated water without the benefit of the ADA warning and in spite of the many [other] serious concerns [about fluoridation] raised by the National Academy of Sciences last spring," the Environmental Working Group wrote in a press release (http://foodconsumer.org/7777/8888/R_ecalls_a...).
• The so-called "fluoride" added to public water systems isn't really fluoride. It's a toxic waste from coal plants or industrial chemical processors known as fluorosilicic acid. "Fluoride" is simply a code name for the chemical.
• If this "fluoride" wasn't dumped into public water supplies, it would have to be disposed of as a toxic waste. Chemical companies save money on toxic waste disposal by selling the chemicals to cities who drip it into the water supply.
• Today's water fluoridation laws are based entirely on junk science and power politics and have nothing whatsoever to do with dental health.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com