(NaturalNews) The most healthful form of honey does not come from nectar, but rather from honeydew, a new Spanish study says. The darker honey, produced when bees collect honeydew from plants, has more antioxidants than other forms of honey.
• Honeydew is created from the secretions of aphids and other bugs feeding on plant sap.
• The researchers looked at 36 varieties of Spanish honey and found those with honeydew had stronger antioxidant properties.
• Antioxidants fight the damage caused by free radical molecules in the body.
• Experts say that all forms of honey are good for you. However, it is 80 percent sugar and should be used in moderation as part of a healthy diet.
• A 2004 U.S. study showed that eating four to 10 tablespoons of honey caused antioxidant levels to rise among its study participants, according to the web site HealthDay.com.
• Honeydew honey is not found easily in the United States and may require importation. Some countries see it as a delicacy.
• The study was published in the February issue of the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture.
• "Besides its value as a great sweetening agent, honey has proved that it also has effective antioxidant and antibacterial activities," study co-author Rosa Ana Perez, a researcher with Madrid's Instituto Madrileno de Investigacion y Desarrollo Rural, Agrario y Alimentario, told the web site HealthDay.com.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com