(NaturalNews) Let the sun's energy heat your water: It's an idea that's been around for generations and may be making a comeback in the coming years in the face of rising natural gas prices, predicted experts.
• Solar thermal heaters, unlike solar panels, directs the sun's heat to the water in the tank, using up to half of the sun's heat directly.
• The space needed to power a home water heater with solar energy is "one or two 4-by-10-(foot) panels," Gary Gerber, CEO of Sun Light and Power, told web site CNET.com.
• The investment of solar thermal heaters for your water heater is typically recouped within 10 years - the average lifespan of a water heater. The panels may then be reused to power another water heater for free.
• The use of solar panels in sunny states was routinely seen in the 1900s to 1920s, but popularity waned as the price and availability of electricity and natural gas lowered.
• China, oft criticized for its electricity usage, is actually leading the way for use of solar thermal technology - "60 percent of the world's solar thermal hot water capacity is in that country," reports CNET.
• "No one was motivated to offset the price of gas. Now it is an environmental issue and a cost issue," Chris Beekhuis, chief technology officer at the solar technology monitoring company Fat Spaniel.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com