(NaturalNews) A team of German researchers has linked chronic back pain to changes in the pain-processing areas of the brain. The research may yield new ways to treat the issue, which, according to the web site WebMD.com, affects 80 percent of Americans during their lifetimes.
• The researchers found that people with chronic back pain have higher stimuli in the microstructure of the pain-processing area of their brains.
• The researchers say their finding may give reasons to consider chronic back pain a treatable condition.
• The research utilized a brain image-mapping technique called Diffusion Tensor Imaging and compared sufferers with healthy volunteers.
• The researchers said more information was needed to tell whether simulation in the microstructure is created by back pain or if the stimulation itself causes the pain.
• The pain-processing area of the brain is located in the somatosensory system, a part of the primary sensory cortex within the parietal lobe of the brain. It also affects feelings of emotion and stress.
• Incidentally, according to the web site Spine-health.com, chronic back pain can be linked to an increased chance of depression among its sufferers.
• "DTI may help explain what's happening for some of these patients, and direct therapeutic attention from the spine to the brain," said study co-author Gustav Schelling of the Department of Anaesthesiology at Munich University.
FREE online report shows how we can save America through a nutrition health care
revolution. "Eating healthy is patriotic!" Click here to read it now...
Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D
In this exclusive interview, Dr. Michael Holick reveals fascinating facts on
how vitamin D is created and used in the human body to ward off chronic diseases
like cancer, osteoporosis, mental disorders and more. Click here to read it now...
Get the Full Story
The International Medical Council on Vaccination has released, exclusively through
NaturalNews.com, a groundbreaking document containing the signatures of physicians,
brain surgeons and professors, all of which have signed on to a document stating
that vaccines pose a significant risk of harm to the health of children.
Click here to read it now...
Ranger Storable Organics
GMO-free, chemical-free foods and superfoods for long-term storage and preparedness.
See selection at www.StorableOrganics.com